LegacyGT.com

Shaking HID

DrGT

I purchased the XTEC kit last winter for my 05 LGT and I am quite happy with the increase in light, but...

Everytime I hit a pothole, a crack or a small bump on the road, my driver's side light shakes :(

I first tried to swap the bulbs and the problem is only on the driver's side.

I tried to solidify the housing by packing some aluminium foil between the plastic headlight housing and the metal bracket surrounding it (after removing the bumper).

I tried to secure the bulb in the housing by adding some high temp sealant.

In a desperate move, I even asked the dealer to help me with the problem, with no success ;)

BTW I did not have this problem with my OEM bulbs nor my Philipps VisionPlus.

After all these efforts, I still have my shaking light.

Any help would be welcomed!

:munch:

I have this problem too, though I attributed it to my stiffer than stock suspension (tein flex). It hasn't bothered me enough to look into it, but if someone has a solution, that'd be great

One thing I was thinking was that the stockers actually did it too, but with the HIDs, the definition of light vs dark is better and that makes it more visible... (??)

can you wiggle the headlight with your hand?

if so make sure all the bolts holding the housing down, are tight, even the one on the headlight housing bracket under the bumper..

if not and its something internal tot he housing, then, go to the dealer and let them know about it, or open it up and check for any broken tabs inside

edit: i have had my HID's since last novemberm, no shaking here

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

same thing happened to me too, i purchased the Xtech HID kit, and whenever i hit a bump or dip the driver side shakes, just recently i've notice that the driver side HID blinks when i first turn it on... but now it's fine again, i suspect the heatwave weather we've been having :icon_conf

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

can you wiggle the headlight with your hand?

if so make sure all the bolts holding the housing down, are tight, even the one on the headlight housing bracket under the bumper..

if not and its something internal tot he housing, then, go to the dealer and let them know about it, or open it up and check for any broken tabs inside

edit: i have had my HID's since last novemberm, no shaking here

No, the bulb seems to be tight in place.

All the bolts are also tight (I checked when I removed my bumper).

I might try again with my dealer but the best solutions usually come from here (rather than the dealer ;))

I should have mentioned that I have the Mcullough (or however it's spelled) kit. I also haven't secured it well yet (I got it used from here and the two sided adhesive wasn't sticky enough, so I used a temp solution to mount them). Everything did seem secure when I installed it; the bulbs were pretty tight and nothing else seemed loose

Archived