LegacyGT.com

Speed Censor

dombek2k7

well after this crazy snow we just got up here in ct, my speedo is working again but my e/t is still not working

Speed sensor is not bad. You spun a wheel in the snow. ECU saw a "faulty" reading. Once everything was corrected for a bit, the ECU is happy again.

Speed sensor is not bad. You spun a wheel in the snow. ECU saw a "faulty" reading. Once everything was corrected for a bit, the ECU is happy again.

well when i got the er sp error message i was traveling down the highway perfect weather doing 75mph. then even yesterday with the snow, and doing some drifting it i still had the er sp message. this morning when i moved my car so i could get out the er sp message was there, i noticed it was working on my travel into work. so is the censor just defective due to the snow, or just showing signs of dying??

Same thing happened to me this morning. Slid around a corner a little... then a good five mins. later SP Error all the way into work. Then went out for lunch and the speedo was all over the place. Whats up with that! NO DRIFTING????

Each ABS sensor (1 at all four wheels) acts as a speed sensor. If any one of the four do not give an "accurate" reading, you get the "ER SS". The pick up for the ABS/Spped sensor is in the wheel bearing.

If you spin any wheel, you take the chance of the "ER SS". If you have the car on stands and spin one wheel to much with the key in you will get it too.

you can drift. just not on slippery surfaces. if you s=pin the tires with resistance (like dry roads) it does not happen. It seems to happen a LOT in snow.

I have never seen a sensor half way bad. Not a bearing pick up either. They are either good or not. But, I have seen loose/bad connections and bad grounds cause faulty communication.

Archived