LegacyGT.com

Stage Definitions and engine outputs

Hello all,

I'm fairly certain that at one point I read a pretty comprehensive thread here about what's generally agreed upon as the different stages of upgrades for the 2.5 turbo. It even went so far as to define half-step stages. I know some people don't care much for grouping mods into stages, but generally speaking it was a good list of mods to show the potential of the motor/car. I work with someone who thinks the 2.5T in the WRX/legacy is pretty much max'd out at 250-300HP which I know is far from the truth.

If anyone knows of this thread and can point me to it I'd appreciate it.

yea whoever told you that is a idiot, im at stage 2 right now (up pipe, DP, pro tune, and CBE) id say im at like 250whp and roughly 290wtq no this is a stock turbo so you figure im making maybe 300-315 hp at the crank. there are guys on the board running 4-450whp on the stock block so really the sky is the limit if you want to invest the money and do it right.

what are your power goals?

Sheeeeeeit, son we're gonna have to see about this one.

Send him to the ESX (Easy Street Motorsports) website and check out a 1000hp STi. They have a 2007 STi that puts down 1000hp for sale for $45K right now: http://www.esxmotorsports.com/info/?id=5023

Here is a ESX STi doing a 8.04 1/4 mile @ 174mph. With street radials, not slicks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncYdlNsZyCA]YouTube- Ali Afshar runs a 8.02 @ 174 MPH in his ESX STI Subaru[/ame]

Hello all,

I'm fairly certain that at one point I read a pretty comprehensive thread here about what's generally agreed upon as the different stages of upgrades for the 2.5 turbo. It even went so far as to define half-step stages. I know some people don't care much for grouping mods into stages, but generally speaking it was a good list of mods to show the potential of the motor/car. I work with someone who thinks the 2.5T in the WRX/legacy is pretty much max'd out at 250-300HP which I know is far from the truth.

If anyone knows of this thread and can point me to it I'd appreciate it.

Stock turbo and pump gas, yes, he would be correct. Swapped turbo with supporting mods, in the 400 whp range pushing crank close to 500hp with a clean proper tune on stock internals. That seems to be the consensus based on others' experience.

Now that 1000 hp beast is nothing close to stock. I'm guessing the only stock parts left on that are a few body panels.

I work with someone who thinks the 2.5T in the WRX/legacy is pretty much max'd out at 250-300HP which I know is far from the truth.

For the 2.0T WRXs (02-07) 300whp is the "edge of the envelope" for the stock block. Anything north of 300whp on stock internals is pushing yer luck.

*********************************************************************************

I'm a little confused...maybe I didn't put in the correct search parameters, or maybe I'm retarded this morning...

I know that when I went "Stage III" on my '04 WRX, I had done ECU, Helix TBE (god I miss that exhaust), TMIC, and fuel pump...

After looking at THIS THREAD, it states for the LGT:

Stage 2: Up pipe, down pipe, upgraded stage 2 ECU map/tune. With or without Stage 0

And then I came across these two posts in a different thread:

Does this fit only certain models? Will this fit a 2008 with a stock turbo? Would I need any special sensors or anything else?

&

It would fit your car but you should already have a catless up pipe. This one would probably flow better but not sure if it's worth the hassle of installing it.

I know this is probably a very annoying question, and before I get flamed for "not searching", I did...but like I said above, my search yeilded no results that answered my question...

Is it necessary for an '08-'09 to replace the u/p to run Stg. II?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

08-09 LGTs come with a catless UP stock. To run stage 2 you'd be looking at replacing the DP and a tune. CBE would be optional, as there isn't a whole lot to gain from that.

Thank you for the information. Appreciate the assistance.

Archived