LegacyGT.com

Fan running constantly.

So I got everything straitened out with my legacy and this is the last issue I have.. For Now :lol:.

I have searched around and found some stuff on a recall way back when for the cooling fan. If I pull the big 4 pin relay out it stops. So first thing I did was check and see if the relay functions and it does. So the relay is getting a signal to run. Where does the signal come from. I'm worried the ecu. Because that would mean it needs to be replaced.

Well what the recall say is it replaced cooling fan relay number 2. That's not the one that is making it run. Which fan is rad fan and which is ac condenser fan. The driver side fan is what running. If I connect the test connectors the passenger one cycle on and off while the other continues to run.

You can still take it back. There has been other members that had to do it twice.

I just talked to the dealer they told me it was a once and done thing. Guess ill be calling SOA

Start the car with climate control off (no AC), does the fan run? Then start the car with AC on, turn AC off does the driver side keep on running?

I seem to be having the same issue, but mine only constantly runs if I start the car with AC on.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Fans running while AC is on is normal, but they should turn off when you turn off the AC. Mine will run until you shut the car off and turn it on with AC off.

Sounds like your ECU is fried though, 100% on = relay that already burnt the ecu.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Sounds like your ECU is fried though, 100% on = relay that already burnt the ecu.

You are correct. That's what happened with mine, even though it didn't change the driveablitly of the car, it just messed up the cooling fans circuits.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived