LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Discounts for return customers? Also would like a 2nd set of bands so I can reband my kit....

Sure ;)

Stock is running dangerously low, but I just started with a fresh set of aluminum and should have more made up in the near futures. Thanks everyone for the orders (and Chris, thanks for the second order!)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
just ordered, thanks!

Toby

Got it, thanks! Also just sent you a message regarding shipping to Canada.

As of this moment I'm temporarily out of stock. Material is ready to go to the shop and should be there this week, hopefully they'll turn it around quickly.

If you are interested in a kit, I will likely have 2 more available from my current stock, I just won't sell my last kits until I'm sure that all current orders have been filled and received. Just shoot me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

UPDATE: material has been picked up from the shop and it looks like I'll have a full weekend of getting things ready to ship. I'm going to take a closer look at everything this evening to make sure it's all up to snuff, and assuming that's the case I'll put the website back up to take orders and should be able to start shipping on Monday.

Thanks everyone for your patience and sorry for the delay this time around. If you have messaged me about a kit, I should have your information and will be in touch over the next couple of days!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

$90 for this? I got all the material from the local hardware store for around $15 and intstalled it in 30 minutes with a hand drill and hack saw.

It still won't keep your intercooler from leaking above 18 psi. Might keep it together but the leaks will still be there.

$90 for this? I got all the material from the local hardware store for around $15 and intstalled it in 30 minutes with a hand drill and hack saw.

It still won't keep your intercooler from leaking above 18 psi. Might keep it together but the leaks will still be there.

Really, just post to bash a vendor product?

• Moderators

lol, thanks for your useful post ;) Not exactly subtle, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

More accurately, going above 18psi with this mod will not cause an issue. I have several folks running the kits at that level or above, including one person running the same kit (although I believe he made his own) for track days with a target of 24psi.

For what it's worth, I saw your other intercooler thread and it looks great. You should try producing something for the community instead of just bashing a homebrew vendor. Beyond that, I can guarantee that my end result is nicer that what you can manufacture with a hacksaw and a hand drill.

The kits are hard to make *well* and most folks don't have the equipment to make them *safely*. That's why I make them in bulk and supply them here.

My bad guys, you have me feeling guilty. I can be a little insensitive after a few beers.

I must say that it is a great mod and necessary if your not planning on replacing the stock TMIC. I ran with this mod for over 3 years and got the idea from the forum.

I'm sure your product it much nicer than what I hacked up. I give you credit for producing these and providing a useful product to the community.