LegacyGT.com

5eat transmission Fluid???

acooper5

I have heard amsoil is good from jersey glock, i too have to do my 30k service still. Contemplating doing the amsoil flush and service at ipt if possible. Then i heard from precision tuning that they recommend the subaru transmission fluid. So i am also up in the air about this one.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I don't know about aamco

i just have a wierd feeling about letting a "service everything" place is really the place to go.

BTW acoop how dare you be a day younger than me!

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I have been up in the air too. I think the BG Flush, with the BD additive/Subaru OEM fluid might be the safest bet.

I will be doing that soon and also throwing on my tranny cooler by the end of the month :)

The difference in clean/crisp with the BG flush is very noticable at first, but fades a bit with miles as, I suppose, the t/c regunks. I'll probably be giving synth a shot (and hopefully a VB upgrade if finance permits :crossfingers:] next time around.

BG flush with Subaru ATF along with BG additive every 18k;):):):)

Get a tranny cooler ASAP

I'll be trying AMSoil ATF next go around

Are there any negatives to running the amsoil synthetic ATF? I really want to because IPT suggests it in all there transmissions but some people say the subaru stuff is the only way to go :/

I feel like the lower ATF temps would be worth it especially with a tranny cooler.....

Cooler temps.....reduction of friction....

Bottom line though is it has really not been used much in our cars. A authorized formula was just released not to long ago.

I'll be doing the fluch & then AMSoil ATF in Dec.

Anyone that is in need of AMSoil products but cannot find them local buy from a fellow member Waverunner.....great guy/great prices:):):)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Cooler temps.....reduction of friction....

Bottom line though is it has really not been used much in our cars. A authorized formula was just released not to long ago.

I'll be doing the fluch & then AMSoil ATF in Dec.

Anyone that is in need of AMSoil products but cannot find them local buy from a fellow member Waverunner.....great guy/great prices:):):)

I remember that too, But then I thought someone e-mailed subaru directly and they said they still recommended their ATF.

And that is surprising........

I'll give it a shot, their products have always impressed me.

Nice I guess I will wait on the BG additive :) I only have 18,000 miles on my car 6,000 are at stage 2. I want to put the tranny cooler on should I wait until I get the flush (might be a few months) or just add it on now?

BG flush with Subaru ATF along with BG additive every 18k;):):):)

Get a tranny cooler ASAP

I'll be trying AMSoil ATF next go around

the SOA tranny fluid is almost the best. the Amsoil is slightly better, but not worth the extra $$$. i just crossed my 40K yesterday so I'm due for another tranny flush myself, especially since tomorrow is the last day of track season for us here.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Mine is attached to the radiator on the drivers side.

I will always suggest a flush & fill every 18k if the car is modded.

yep, my tech will agree. i'm due for an oil change and tranny flush myself.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived