LegacyGT.com

Driver Side Mat thing...

Ok, kind of a stupid question but necessary...

that stupid little black hook on the drivers side floor (it's there to hold your mats in place, especially if u have all weather mats its helpful!)

is it possible it can be replaced???

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a warranty item?

I'm taking the leggy in tomorrow to get the clutch squeak fixed, and when I mentioned the Hook service bulletin to my dealer he suggested it would be about $20 to get it fixed?

While I'm asking n00b questions, should all of the work detailed on the TSB's be included under warranty?

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

Make sure to have it fixed as the rug can slide up and block one of the pedals while dirving. All of a sudden that stupid hook that was never fixed will be a whole lot more meaningful.

Mine popped out completely. I tried to have it fixed when I went to the dealer for my first oil change. They said yeah, we've seen this happen and placed it on the job order. When I picked up my car, it was not replaced, and item had simply been deleted from job order:icon_evil.

the rug can slide up and block one of the pedals while dirving.

Yeah thats the only downside right now. I have to every so often pull the carpet back. I have gotten it stuck under the clutch before...not fun. I traps the clutch to the floor and it won't come up easily. That was a nice treat for me one morning a while back.

Seems like we havent had a thread on this for AGES but still seems to be a massive issue of this small plastic piece breaking. Unsure why they just dont use the clip in feature that I have on my MY01 or.... knock off a few ideas from their European competition.

Ada///M.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mine came off when I was cleaning the car and I thought it would be a bitch to put back on- it just kind of twisted back on though.

I think the TSB says that if you have an early build model, they should replace it for free, but if you have one of the revised rug hooks (with a yellow or green dot on it), they don't have to replace it. I'm not sure if the warranty overrides that or not.

I did go in to get the clutch lubed (which stopped the squeaks), and the service writer was just about to tell me how much it was going to cost until I pulled out the Service Bulletin...I think once he realized I was *slightly* informed, he just gave up and told me he would have to order a new hook, and the waranty would cover it.

We'll see...

Goin' to Carolina in my mind...and in my car on the 16th!

First time I went in with this problem, they just put the old hook back, even though I had a printout of the TSB with me. A week later, it came off again. Second time around, they ordered the correct part and did it right. It hasn't come off in the two month since, but...

because the hook is mounted off center, the floor mat keeps twisting, and I have to readjust it all the time. I never remember being so intimate with my floor mats on previous cars :-)

+1 for my floor mat contantly twisting

+1 for my having to adjust the damn mat every time I get f'ing the car

+1 for the mat getting in the way of the clutch

I had ALL of these very same issues on my 97 Outback...You'd think after 8 years they would have figured it out by now...I still love my car, but holy sh!t the floor mat setup sucks!!

I also have the Subaru all weather mats...they are so damn thick they make everyone of these issues 10x worse than with the carpet mats...I ended up just using the all weather mats to cover the floor of my trunk...

Okay I'm done venting...

Archived