LegacyGT.com

Outback XT rims on a GT?

RuhRoh

I have an opportunity to pick up some Outback XT 17" rims for my Legacy GT Wagon. I know the stock Outback tires aren't the right size for the GT, but I'm really only interested in the rims -- I'm assuming the rims should be a straight swap onto the GT. Am I assuming correctly?

TIA!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well, if I buy them I'll have the old rubber taken off and will try to sell the set.

Interested?

Possibly- are they from an XT? I'll assume RE92's.

Just to let you know, the XT rims weigh about 7 lbs more per wheel than the stock GT rims. Your unsprung weight would increase. If they will be used as winter rims this probably won't matter at all.

I didn't know that... so Legacy GT take-offs would be a good purchase for us Outbacks? What do the GT's wheels weigh, 20 lbs?

Just to let you know, the XT rims weigh about 7 lbs more per wheel than the stock GT rims. Your unsprung weight would increase. If they will be used as winter rims this probably won't matter at all.

Yep -- thinking about using them as winter rims.

Possibly- are they from an XT? I'll assume RE92's.

Yep -- RE92s off an XT size 225/55-17, about 7k miles.

offset are different between the OXT and LGT rims.

OXT = 48mm

LGT = 55mm ??? or is it 53 mm?

Whoops -- is this a big problem? Would I need adapters? Offset is one of those things I know little about....

Guest *Jedimaster*
offset are different between the OXT and LGT rims.

OXT = 48mm

LGT = 55mm ??? or is it 53 mm?

Cum again? Are you sure? Not saying you're wrong, just the first I've heard of it.

trust me, i speak the truth. :lol: and with a little research i have come to the conclusion that the LGT wheel is 55mm.

Whoops -- is this a big problem? Would I need adapters? Offset is one of those things I know little about....
if you don't mind the wheels sticking further out on each side by 7mm, there is no problem with running the OXT wheel on your LGT. You'll end up with a slightly wider track. On the other hand I'd probably wouldn't put LGT wheels on a OXT because of the narrower track with the offset difference.

i actually photoshopped a set of OXT wheels on the legacy a while back....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/urabus/subaru/LGT_xt.jpg

:)

Archived