LegacyGT.com

obx or gimmick exhaust

klane88

Looking at either obx or gimmick exhaust not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

Ive got the FMS exhaust which is is basically the same thing. Other than the fact its slip on mufflers and not flanges, and that one tip is 1/2" off center, I'm very happy with the sound of it.

For the money, Im happy. 1/2 price of the Invidia q300.

Prices of the OBX and GMS are attractive. If you can accept that it might require some tweaking to get it to fit right i would go with the OBX. To me the OBX more closely resembles my SPT v2 which is one of my fav tame exhausts made for the Legacy. Bosal being No.1

Welcome to the forum. After over 5 years of production of the XO2, CXLighting, Gimmick/GMS cbe, I think it has been more than proven that it fits not so well, is made of low quality materials and rusts very quickly. It is cheap. That is about all that can be said without going into negatives. Lol.

I ended up buying gimmick catback, it fits great and is the sound I was looking for.

Enjoy the sound. I like mine and realized I got what I paid for. I've been running it on my wagon at Stage 2 for >30k mi thru 2 winters (not that we had one this year) with not too much oxidation. Plan to spend some time under the car with citric acid (Comet Bathroom Cleaner) and/or metal polish (Blue Magic). For the $$ you saved, you can upgrade in a few years if needed.

Archived