LegacyGT.com

This cel came up today. I searched on forums about it, seems like its a leak maybe. But the car idles fine, drives fine. I couldn't honestly tell the difference. I had unplugged battery to reset it went away. Came back about 20+ miles after I reset. I can see the blue T splitter in between manifold and ic, and it seems fine, checked the hoses I could see, everything looks good. Don't know why its running lean. Can it be fuel filter, dirty injectors maybe? From what I've read if it were a leak then idle would be affected, but car idles fine between 700-900 and is steady at whatever rpm its at. Any thoughts?

• I Donated Too
This code came up on my car 3 weeks ago... it had blown off one small vacuum hose... car idled just fine, did not act like a hose was off but I sprayed starter fluid in different areas until the idle picked up - then I zero'd in and found it. It can also be a dirty MAF but go looking for the hose... I spotted mine, not by looking for a 'hose' but where a hose could be attached and isn't - a very shiny and clean tube end is what I saw... below it the hose that should have been on it!

Where?

Driver side.

I had the same problem with the code. Apparently the hose had blown off the below nipple. It goes to the fuel pressure regulator if I remember correctly.

It was pretty obvious when I boosted since I'd get that nice blahhhh sound as air wooshed out of it.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m133/rexwagon/IMG00033-20100423-1339.jpg

Funny, I looked at that one before and it was on, just lose, the end of hose seemed a little brittle. Not a very snug fit. Gonna check it out tomorrow when I have light out. Thanks for that picture!

• I Donated Too

This is where my vacuum hose came off of... It wasn't obvious as the hose had dropped down but the end of the metal tube was what I finally noticed.

http://www.sigmafour.net/lgt/vacuumhose1.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
+1 for a vacuum leak. I threw code P0171 yesterday, and there was no question that something was wrong with the car. The idle was quite rough, and was surging up a couple hundred RPM every 5-10 seconds. I got lucky, and the first vacuum tube I looked at was the culprit: my bypass valve hose had come apart. My MAF was also filthy (thanks K&N). After cleaning the MAF, and replacing the hose (which involved removing the intercooler) all is well. I don't think that the MAF was likely the root of the CEL, but I'm pretty sure that the car was down on power as a result of the black layer over it. My car is much more "perky" than she used to be too :D

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned the MAF sensor and filter,!

It worked for 3 days then popped again so I have up and tore the girl open at a co-workers shop. Cracked vacuum hose. 2 hours later and she's all betterz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Pulled same code. Had vacuum hoses replaced. Code keeps popping back on every 50-90 miles after clearing the code.

So, since the hoses are replaced, I'm guessing clean the MAF, air filter, and rear O2 sensor?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived