LegacyGT.com

How to remove 'swirls/scratches' from the mirrors?

Maybe OC or someone else can chime in here, but I guess the previous monkeys that washed the car, before delivery, put fine scratches into the side mirror on the passenger side.

Is there any way to remove these? or am I just stuck with it...? I'd get it replaced under warranty, but, it's such a small piece, that I don't really care to have it replaced, if it can be fixed relatively easily.

TIA for any info.

i.

Mirror surface is glass. Reflective coating is on the back side. I think you can polish until your arm falls off and you won't get those scratches out. A new '08...I'd have the dealer replace it now... the longer you wait the more likely they will say you did it.
It is still ugly.

The other thing you can try is picking up Autoglym Glass Polish. I recently read a great review on it and have been meaning to pick some up and give it a test myself. If you do pick it up, I'd love to hear your personal review.

Nah, not the end of the world...just would be nice to see if I can get them out. I don't wanna have them replace the mirrors, to me, it's not really worth the effort. They won't give me new ones, to replace myself...so, there's really no point.

I will try the solution Brady presented, and see what happens, when I finally get it.

Archived