LegacyGT.com

Thinking about getting STI

I want to thank my mom for all the stuff she has done for me through-out my life. I will give her my current legacy 09 n.a 35,000 miles. As for my next car, I want to get STI or GT.

I haven't own a GT so can I hear Cons on getting a GT

Thank you,

One "owns" an LGT in much the same way one "owns" a hooker: She's really the one in charge, and to get her to do the stuff you want her to do, it's gonna cost you. Each, and every time.

Buy an STi and drive with your hat backwards while blaring Tupac's "Dear Mama".

One "owns" an LGT in much the same way one "owns" a hooker: She's really the one in charge, and to get her to do the stuff you want her to do, it's gonna cost you. Each, and every time.

Buy an STi and drive with your hat backwards while blaring Tupac's "Dear Mama".

no way dudeee

I want to thank my mom for all the stuff she has done for me through-out my life. I will give her my current legacy 09 n.a 35,000 miles. As for my next car, I want to get STI or GT.

I haven't own a GT so can I hear Cons on getting a GT

Thank you,

Fuel, maintenance, repair and insurance COSTS!

The minute you give that 09 2.5i away and buy that LGT you'll be so happy, then you will read threads upon threads and make inferences, then...

622.gif

Now a new 2015 STi.....

There is NO Subaru worth nearly $40K or $35K for that matter if you can afford a STi dont buy one buy another 2.5i and save for a down payment on a house.

good luck with your new Sexually Transmitted Infection

no thanks

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

These are two very different beast. A LGT is more of an older adult car while the STI is a mad mans dream. If you are looking for raw power right out of the box buy the STI brand new, if you want something a little more refined buy a LGT. Personally I would buy an older STI model like the 2005 then use the rest of the money to buy a beater. Because the once you start modding it only gets more expensive from there.

CONS: Parts are not cheap, no subaru wave from other fellow subies (at times), everyone thinks you drive an Camry, when you do tell someone "Yes I have a turbo in my car" they automatically think of you drive an STI and you have to correct them and stat that you have a LGT and what that is, fuel economy sucks ass sometimes I feel like I am driving a truck, The noise's that this car makes drives me crazy, stock tune sucks (Get a e-tune, AP or dyno your choice), everyone ask why didnt you buy a STI, Sometimes I feel like I am Jack Sparrow because the LGT feels like a boat at times ( Sorry Captain Jack Sparrow). Its a sleeper which is a pro and con.

ok, these peoples be haten...... the new STI is a great ride, a little expensive...but hay, you can't take it with you. There are two good reason to get a LGT; sleeper, and insurance. I can say rollen a LGT vs. a STI has gotten me out of trouble or avoided it. For example, when I was driving down the interstate and the man looses me in a crowd of plain cars. I'm at the age now where insurance doesn't mean much anymore....So I'm in the market for a more pure sports car like maybe the STI...but I'm thinking MB or audi. You DO YOU....and don't wreck it..

Archived