LegacyGT.com

Water Noise under dash

Hey guys,

I have a noise under my dash, I hear it when accelerate from a stop and when i stop. It sounds like water is accumulated under the dash and is rocking back and forth. Its driving me insane, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-T

If that's not it, you need to get the air out of the coolant system. Jack up the right fornt corner of the car, remove the radiator cap, start the engine, let it warm up, squeeze the radiator hoses and watch for bubbles, if you have a turbo remove the turbo coolant cap instead and do this. cycle the heater, too.

Top of the coolant when your done, I use Peak Global 50/50 premix.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I wonder if we have been hearing the same sound. Occasionally, I hear what sounds like water sloshing back and forth. It sounds like it is right behind the steering wheel. I have never been able to figure out what it is. It also drives me insane. You are not alone.

I was hearing the same thing for a year after I bought my car. I replaced the thermostat last week along with the required coolant change and I have not heard the bubbles from the passenger foot well that I used to. I did the change using Max's method.

• 8 months later...
I have had the same problem for some time, after removing the glove box and watch the servo that controls the flapper to the vents for dash and feet i noticed the noise was coming from it. i watched it twitching even after the car was turned off. I took the servo apart and cleaned the contacts and it was fixed that easy. the hardest part is getting it out.

Archived