LegacyGT.com

Headers from sti or wrx?

jblackwell1

Will the headers from an sti or wrx work on our cars since the block configuration is the same? im looking to run headers with my new build but cant afford to buy them new with the prices ive seen. i dont see any here for sale and have pmd the one i did see with no response. So im wonder if any sti or wrx headers will fit ours and if so what year?

Thanks for any help.

yea i was curious to this as well. Especially since i have a STi style turbo on mine, would i have to get a different up pipe to mount to the header? im using a greedy lgt up pipe as of now mated to stock lgt exhaust manifold. Also the part numbers on legacy headers differ from those on wrx's and STi's.

Headers are all the same, up pipes are all the same. I have perrin wrx/sti headers and a turboxs wrx/sti UP on my LGT with a blouch sti style turbo. It all bolts up and fits fine, and i had the txs UP on with the LGT manifold and stock turbo.

The stock items are not the same, but they do all fit. Over the years EGT sensors were added and then removed again, heatshields have been tweaked a little... small changes like that.

The '04 and up STi manifolds are different and have larger diameter runners. They also bolt straight up.

The STi crosspipes and up-pipes are exactly the same as uncatted WRX/LGT/FXT/OXT items so no gains to be had using those.

The one situation where you have to be careful is using an equal-length header on an engine with the old style oil pan. The header will not fit until swap the oil pan to the newer style item.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have an idea that will replace my nearly rusted off exahust, but I want some feedback first. I have a 97 OBW limited and am replacing everything from the headers back. I am thinking of using these headers

http://www.speedyracer.com/servlet/the-173/Subaru-Impreza-Header-for/Detail

With everything from the catback from a 04 wrx. Besides lengthening do you foresee any problems, including emissions testing worries? Or flange mating issues?

• 2 years later...

I have Speedy Racer Headers wrapped in DEI Titanium Wrap on my 98 GT. No issues at all for the past year through snow/ice and rain in CT.

Complete custom exhaust (including header and wrap) for $1K installed - how can you go wrong....

Archived