LegacyGT.com

Ecutek lock

LegacyDan

so i got an ecutek tune on my legacy was on first got the car and i was young and naive. Now that turbo upgrade is nearly finished and i have fallen out with guy that mapped it, im wondering can another mapper reflash the ecu with ecuflash or whatever software he uses, or would would the original mapper have locked the ecu to prevent anyone else writing to it?

Im wondering if there is anywhere i can get a base map and load it on to it just until the new guy can re-tune it for all the new parts. Mechanic said it will be driveable off boost. its ajdm model too so im sure its different from US ones im some way. If i could get a safe map onto it for new turbo and all the other bits that would be great then new tuner could fine tune stuff.

There is probably more leprechauns than decent mappers in Ireland!

You're screwed. Ecutek dealers will normally flash the original map back to your ECU free of charge, but they will not reverse the change they make which effectively locks it.

There is a way to do a hard reset but the case needs to opened and some temporary reconnections made. Colby at Tactrix can turn this around pretty quickly but you will have to send your ECU to him.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I always feel a need to chime in when a product in my sig is mentioned. It also gives me the opportunity to say... "Ecutek - The Flashed and The Furious"

fahr_sides suggestion is on the money. I've been down this road before it isn't fun. Pull the ecu and mail it out.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I heard you can marry an accessport and use the tuner through there to flash new maps on....I haven't confirmed this...any thoughts?

AP only works on certain USDM and JDM cars. OP is in Ireland and almost certainly has an EDM car, so this idea is a non-starter for him.

Being tied to using AP to tune the car is IMO something like a tethered jailbreak on an iPhone... better than nothing but still not optimal.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

mine is a JDM, just dug out an email there from original mapper stating that he says someone can remap my ecu with other software while i was waiting for him to come over and map it. Im in Ireland he is in UK, comes over only every few weeks. will find out next saturday as thats when ill try the retune with new guy!

Archived