LegacyGT.com

If you were to see my car you would need to cover the whole front end to keep it from showing chips. Also cover the front side of the rear wheel wells and the front of the roof and mirrors.

Do the outter edge of the parking lights too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you were to see my car you would need to cover the whole front end to keep it from showing chips. Also cover the front side of the rear wheel wells and the front of the roof and mirrors.

Do the outter edge of the parking lights too.

good lord, what are you doing with the car?

I sense a bit of sarcasm from MC. really....I've got 150k on my car, drive 60miles a day and yes I do have SOME chips on the bumper and hood but you know I don't own a $80k+ car.

Unless I'm driving behind dump trucks all day I can't justify the expense.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I have one on my bumper, front portion of the hood, mirrors, and ~1ft on the front fenders

I like mine, where it stops on the hood you can see a line but it doesnt bother me too much and I paid $55 for a diy install so Im not complaining and its doing what its suppose to do. The only parts you can really tell is the hood, and the fenders if your looking, not noticeable on the bumper or mirrors

Like docsmitty, I also get compliments/comments from other subie enthusiasts

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

good lord, what are you doing with the car?

Remember I have 130,000 miles most of it highway during the winter to go skiing every weekend 120 miles, one way. I drive the car every day to work. at least 10 miles highway here in the CT, lots of trucks on the road.

The 92 civic (avatar) was pretty chipped when we had it painted yellow at over 200,000 miles.

Hey, it's just a car. :) Yea, I know, but I do like it when it's clean and shiny.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have an Autobahn (brand) film on my car that the original owner had installed at the dealership when he bought the car. the front end still looks good after 3yrs. my only complaint is that its hard to clean the bug guts off of it.

i can take pics if you want to check it out...

anyone know about the paint fade issue?

Just as whoever you're getting the material from f it is UV transparent. Ventureshield (and I would assume the 3M stuff as well) is UV transparent so the paint under the film should fade at the same rate as the uncovered paint.

This is my STI with a clear bra (Ventureshield) on.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3059/2624954895_63c07d8fbb_z.jpg

You can't even see it. The whole front bumper is covered, as is the first third of the hood and fenders to meet the hood, and the mirrors. The headlights have the thicker material to protect them.

search buddy... here is my story with the 3m bra i have on my car.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/3m-clear-car-bra-105437.html?p=2960714

pics near bottom of page... very worth it and dont skimp. 3m lasts longer, looks better than most of the competition.

before I forget, cover the whole hood like mentioned a few posts up. its the only part i regret about the install.

Archived