LegacyGT.com

BulletProof-TMIC Mod - LGT, 08+ WRX

Thanks again for the kit... I didnt think mine was going bad until I pulled the IC out...

The IC had a cracked tab where the IC connects to the turbo compressor housing. I could not believe it. Because my 2006 GT has only 77,000 miles on it.

(I even took a picture for posting if I need to.) Thanks again for the kit. It was quick and easy to put in/on.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
p/n is 092311502.

You're the man. Typing this into my local Subaru online parts catalog produced the correct clip. I really appreciate it. It should be standard issue for any Subaru BPV in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
2 yrs with this mod at stg 2 and 18.5 lbs of boost...still going strong.

Great to hear! Yours was the first official BMB kit to go out, after all :)

Indeed great to hear!!

To my knowledge, the BP Mod has remained 100% reliable since the first shipped more than four years ago. While the mod itself was designed to provide such reliability, it also speaks for the diligence of those who install them. Keep it up!

I tell people about the BP kit every chance that I get :-)

I've been at like 19 psi for 6 months now and have not had a single problem.

Thanks again Seeya and BMB

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

• 1 month later...

And the OG zip-tied BPTMIC is still kicking it! 2.25yr past install and just about 2 years on a Stg2 Cryo road-tune and all is still solid. :)

Buy or build your own and forget about it. :cool:

[From March 2012]

Farfrumwork's metal zip-tie method (THE original metal zip-tied BPTMIC). No interference with BPV tube or engine cover.

~$30 total (with 3 SS ties and a bunch of AL channel left over...)

Those are stainless cable ties. 33" length, trimmed up after install. I have PN's and new channel dimensions I can add later in an edit (papers out in the car). I ran a ~.015" deep, 3/16" wide slot down the length of each rail to capture the SS tie.

The locking feature on the SS ties allows for some slack, so I had to tension and then "set" the ball (read, hit with a hammer to deform housing and lock in-place). You have to feed and form the SS tie around the rails to get a snug fit; it doesn't have to apply force to the rails, it just has to hold them on - any movement of the rails will only tighten the SS ties hold.

I did JB the rails to the IC, but that's not necessary or required, the ties will not fail (100lb load rated). If anything goes wrong in the future I will let everyone know. I'm not too proud to admit failure, but it doesn't happen too often ;) (again, nevermind the heatshield :lol:)

-Chad

OTS stg2 - protune ASAP!!

And they said, why overthink it?

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115236&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1333144916

• Moderators
And the OG zip-tied BPTMIC is still kicking it! 2.25yr past install and just about 2 years on a Stg2 Cryo road-tune and all is still solid. :)

[From March 2012]

Good stuff!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• 1 month later...

[From March 2012]

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115236&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1333144916

What are you using for a heat shield on the left side of the intercooler?