LegacyGT.com

New LGT owner

yokotaalum

Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I just picked up an 05 ABP Legacy GT with 41k miles. (I still need to doublecheck if that's the actual color or not) Took me more than a month to get it (stupid banks and lease buyouts), but it's worth it already. Not planning on doing much to it, although I did already order a VAG-COM cable to see if I can't do some reflashing to get rid of the hesitation that so many of these cars have.

Not new to turbo cars, but new to turbo Subarus, so I still have quite a bit of reading to do. I've owned a 92 Eagle Talon since 95, so that's my primary project car. Still would be fun to do some basic stuff to the LGT, though. The wife already doesn't like that idea, though. :p

Hope to see some of you around. I've already seen 2 modded LGTs and I've only had the car for a week. Never saw any before that, so this car must be good luck. ;)

Bert

Not planning on doing much to it...

Bert

Welcome. That's we all say!;)

If you have mad stuttering, take it to the dealership for a recall-approved ECU (ECM) re-flash.

Most LGT owners, who have stayed stock, and got the dealer reflash done, noticed a nice improvement.

Modded LGT's won't benefit from a re-flashed stock map from the dealer.

Thanks John. I definitely like the LGT for a daily driver. Definitely a step up in quality from the DSM. The DSM's nice to beat on though. Still can't bring myself to do that to the LGT, yet.

Gire, yeah, we'll see how long I can resist the temptation to mod. The more I read, the more difficult it is to not give in.

Thanks eekay. I'll get some pics up in the next day or so.

I'm in the Thornton/Northglenn area, but work in Boulder.

Thanks Ben.

That's very true. Although, you know they'll use the "mountains to the west" to void his reasons. Hell, stuck in road construction could work. Took me nearly 3 hours to get through some work on 36 a while back...
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived