LegacyGT.com

My new Access Port is....LOST IN THE MAIL

I am so pissed right now.

I ordered my Access Port last Friday. Was told it would be in Tuesday or Wednesday. Okay, Tue & Wed roll around and nothing. I figured I'd wait until the end of the week -- might take a while to get to me.

Nope, Friday comes and still nothing. So I contact the vendor and they said tracking confirmed that it was delivered on Tuesday! I have received nothing. Called USPS and sure enough, it was listed as being delivered. The stupid morons must've delivered a $650 item to the wrong address.

Has anyone had any experience dealing with this sort of problem? I REFUSE to be out $650. The post office is going to talk to the guy that does the route and see if he remembers anything.

I knew I should've requested it be shipped UPS. The US Post Office just sucks bad.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you not get insurance on it? My PO won't leave anything on my doorstep even if I leave a note for them....weird that they would have done that. They make me go and wait in line for 30 minutes to pick it up. :mad:

When I contacted the shipper the guy said he didn't put any insurance on it. I kinda miffed at that because I would think if you ship a several hundred dollar item you would make damn well sure that 1) It gets to the customer (as in require a signature) and 2) Cover your ass if something goes wrong.

call your credit card company, maybe they have the insurance policy like mine. If it was not delivered, and you show that you filed a claim with the post office, maybe they will refund your money...some do. Worth a shot.

Sounds like your S.O.L. if your postman doesnt remember where he delivered it to. Without insurance they wont do much for ya. Dont knock the Post Office to hard, UPS isnt much better when it comes to handling items. Fedex seems to be the best.

BTW, where did you order from?

hmmmm.....I might be calling the shop that sold it to you and asking for a refund. That's irresponsible to send it without insurance unless you specifically asked for the cheapest way possible.

BTW - my experience is that UPS > USPS > FEDEX on costs to ship mid-size packages. I returned a defective product that wasn't very big via USPS and it cost me $12 - FEDEX would have charged much less.

File the claim with the Post Office in writing. At the same time call your credit card company and stop payment, ensuring that they know you are not paying for an item that was not delivered. Call the vendor back and tell them to start tracking it with USPS and that you've stopped payment on your card. Should get a much quicker response.

HTH

SBT

edit: FWIW - Airborne Express, about the time that DHL was buying them out, pulled this same thing with my Treo 600. Indicated that it had been delivered, when everyone was home to receive it, and never delivered it. Driver was running late and just checked it off his list. It's possible that this same thing happened and it's actually sitting at the post office.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

hmmmm.....I might be calling the shop that sold it to you and asking for a refund. That's irresponsible to send it without insurance unless you specifically asked for the cheapest way possible.

I agree. I wasn't given any shipping options at all. Although it was "free shipping", honestly I don't care. Spending 650 bucks I'll pay an additional $5-$10 to make sure the damn thing gets to me.

The thing is, this isn't my fault. I don't think it's the shipper's fault either, however I do think they screwed up by not insuring it and not requiring a signature.

Bottom line is, if someone is going to be out $650 it ain't gonna be me.

I ordered it from PLtek, which was a place that several people here recommended.

Have you spoken to Peter yet? He seems very reasonable....I just place a large order with him myself about an hour ago.

I emailed PLTek, I assume he was the person replying. He wasn't going to any extremes to help, but I honestly don't think there would be a lot he could do anyway.

FWIW, I bought my AP from PLtek and Peter was great to deal with. Got it in a couple of days. I know that hurts. Just wanted to put in a good word for him.

Well, somebody DID get it in a couple of days -- just wasn't me.

I'm not really faulting him, but since he didn't insure it it's going to hurt someone now. This sucks.

I got my AP from PLtek too, and you know what? I got the same problem.The receipt i got from PLtek had the right address, but the shipping label was wrong.

And i have to track it down to the other side of the city myself so that i know for sure it's not lost. Thankfully it was UPS, so they hold it when they couldn't find the address.

I knew I should've requested it be shipped UPS. The US Post Office just sucks bad.

I'm sorry about your experience, but mistakes do happen. Nothing is 100%.

UPS misdelivered my arm extension a couple blocks away. The owner of the house was kind enough to drive it over my house and hand it to me. His home street name and number weren't even remotely close to mine.

I hope whoever received it is as kind as my "neighbor" and bring it over to you.

i had pants "missing" from a jc penny buy. it was jc pennys problem not mine. they promptly sent replacements.

mailman is dressed nicely.

mailmans legacy gt is now faster than yours.

btw my $2000 set of rims were left sitting outside my apartment complex by DHL. luckily i checked the website for delivery that morning and was able to run back home to put them inside.

File the claim with the Post Office in writing. At the same time call your credit card company and stop payment, ensuring that they know you are not paying for an item that was not delivered. Call the vendor back and tell them to start tracking it with USPS and that you've stopped payment on your card. Should get a much quicker response.

I agree. This is NOT your problem. This is for the seller and shipper to deal with. You shouldn't have to deal with any more hassle than you already have.

Everyone leaves things at my door at home and at my apartment at school. Buuut, I have always disliked UPS in their shipping time (for ground vs similarly priced USPS or fedex) and in their handling of products. For me Fedex=DHL>USPS>UPS

UPS always sets my stuff on the porch; rims, tires, exhaust, ammo, gun parts, you name it. One of the nice things about living in a low crime, small town.

That will change someday soon, I'm sure.

What is your address and when are you expecting a new delivery?

:):)

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

Archived