LegacyGT.com

Any damage if you dont use the TPMS?

SuperAkuma

Sorry about the tpms question, I did a search and I didn't find the direct answer. A lot of people have questions about resetting them for winter tires, my question is a little different.

I have an 11 legacy base model. 2 days after I bought the car, I bought some 17" outback rims on CL with tires on it and took it to a shop to swap out the tmps for about $80.

The tires on the used rims are good but I don't trust it driving 300+miles over the weekend with my family. So I want to pop back my stock rims/tires this weekend for the drive.

I don't want to fork over another $80 to swap the sensor out.

Is it safe/ok to drive with the stock set without the sensor in there? I know I will get the blinking light which I can live with.

Does anyone know if it will damage the car or void the warranty in any way? Will the dealer know that drive without it?

I know it blinks when you don't have the sensor. Does it make any sound?

Also when I put the rims with the tpms, will I have to program anything?

Thanks.

It will be fine w/o TPMS. It will just be the light thats bothering you.

When you install TPMS on another set of rims, if it still blinks, you will need to go back to the dealer and reset them.

• 4 months later...
you battery might die from all that blinking..

Does it blink when the engine is off or are you just joking.

I know this is an old tread but I need to put my stock rim/tire on for the winter season. I already swapped out the TPMS to the 2nd set and I don't want to swap it back for the winter.

Archived