LegacyGT.com

Cup holder splitting open?

Well, the only reason I'm even bringing this up is because I have to go into the dealership tomorrow for some other small issue. Wondering if it's worth having them do it.

Also, does anyone know where I can order another of those pads? It must have stuck to the bottom of someones coffee mug or something because it's MIA. And are they supposed to be glued down when you put them in?

A little off topic but Why didn't Subaru put some harder plstic stuff on like all four corners like most cars to hold your drink? It doesn't hold soda, bottle water or anything that size. I don't drink coffee or have a mug. Is there any aftermarket stuff I could buy or should I just stuff paper towels in there to hold it somewhat. It always slides around!

Mine has done that before, push it together from the sides and it'll snap back together! (at least mine did)

Mine was the same way. I took the console apart to see what was wrong and it just had come unsnapped somehow.

Free fix, no parts needed!

My '08 did the same about a month after I bought it. I thought something broke because I jammed so much stuff in there. Finally after over two years I stuck some coins under the mug separator thingy so it would stay in place and actually separate containers.

That worked, but I'm going to try DocHolladay23's fix while I'm out there working on my seat buckle to get rid of the seat belt chime from hell.

Brought it to the dealership for something unrelated and they fixed it for me while I was there. There was something stuck down there, but I don't think that actually was the cause because it started slowly splitting more and more a few months after purchase.

• 1 year later...

Archived