LegacyGT.com

GT injectors on 2.5NA? E85 Conversion

Hey guys,

Was looking at doing an E85 conversion for my Liberty (Legacy). And was wondering if the GT injectors fit the 2.5NA motor?

I've found out that the GT fuel pumps flows 155L/H while the 2.5NA flows 74L/H. So what about injectors? Does anyone know how much they flow compared to the NA ones?

Thanks.

Mid 500's someone just had their injectors checked and flow tested by DW, I'll see if I can find you the thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3048150&postcount=1

There you go..

(FYI newer STI pump flows ~170l/hr and Nissan Red top sidefeeds are 650cc if you need a bit more than the LGT set up)

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Thanks for the reply.

Do the LGT injectors fit the 2.5i engine though? What about the Nissan Red Top feed you mentioned?

I had a looked in the workshop manual and it seems that the removal of the injectors seems to be a little different but I'm not sure if that's due to the injectors being different types all together, or just minor engine differences between the GT and NA's.

Also in the diagram the injectors do look different.

Looks like all i's are top feeds. Not sure if lgt topfeeds swap out direct. If you can swap your topfeed setup for an 05-06 sidefeed lgt setup to run e85 that might work out ideal.

mind if I ask why side feed would be better for an E85 set up?

are the 08 GT's injectors top feed too? how does one tell if they're side feed or top feed? I was planning on using a stock '08 LGT injectors which I was told would flow enough but fitment is still unclear.

07+ LGT injectors are topfeed.

Side feed is not any better for E85. The main difference is that side feed don't come in 1000cc injectors, but top feeds do. You don't need a lot of injector, since you are NA. If someone near you has an 05-06 LGT or sidefeed STI, then they would be interested in your injector setup, but not you injectors, if the other parts are the same across the board. That way they could run BIG injectors w/ e85 on their FI set up.

The two of you could swap out and both get what you need.

Archived