LegacyGT.com

Back to the Legacy, 2013...navi?

zed32

hi guys... :attention:

so from 2006-2011 I was the very happy owner of a 2005 Legacy GT sedan. towards the end of its life, it developed a couple problems (partially my fault), and then when somebody backed into it and messed up the whole passenger side, I decided to get rid of it. since I work for Honda, i was able to get a 2012 Civic for ridiculously cheap, and have been driving that around since last December. although the Civic is extremely cheap on payment and uses hardly any fuel, I miss the power and space of my old Legacy.

anyway, i'm back in the market...looking at a 2013 Legacy 3.6R Limited (RIP to the turbo Legacy model!). I am considering getting the Navi package, but after searching the forum I couldn't find much info on the new nav system. is this worth the cost? also, i would prefer not to have a moonroof...but it appears the navi system only comes bundled with the moonroof, correct?

if i could get the navi without the moonroof, that would be great. otherwise, i would really just like a 3.6R Limited without the moonroof or the navi, but those seem hard to find. the price isn't really the issue, but i really would like some feedback regarding the 2013 nav system and how well it functions, ease of use, screen quality, etc...

thanks!

or if anyone could point me to any video demos of the nav system that would be great. couldn't find any on YouTube.

so far i've been to one dealer, drove a 3.6R but it didn't have the nav. getting ready to pull the trigger pretty soon (hopefully), but it's hard since I work 6 days a week...

I don't know how much different the '13 interface is from the '12, so caveat that... I do have a '12 GT with nav and I would not buy it again. It's not worth the extra expense, it's got a clunky interface and you can't use it while moving (to change destinations) without modifying the system

I'd ignore any information on the 2010-2012 navigation system. The 10-12 system is DVD-based while the 2013 system is hard-drive based. That alone is a significant difference, and if I recall correctly, the interface has been revamped for 2013. Those two things alone make it superior to the 10-12 models (which really do kinda suck considering how much it costs).

In fact, I'd love to know the size of the navigation unit for 2013 and if the wiring would be compatible for the other 5th gens.

ok i did it...got me a '13 3.6R Limited in Graphite Gray. i'll make a new thread tomorrow with pics....

Congratulations I just got one as well but with the eye sight. Went with the silver. Love this car.

I really like the navigation system. Very easy to set up with a phone and the handsfree works all the time for me. The manual for the navigation system is huge too. Nice to be able to mess around with the EQ settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...

Archived