LegacyGT.com

Compilation of cheap and/or free Legacy Mods

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This link is dead and a search didn't reveal any new threads. I'm not sure this is the direction I want to go, but I'd at least like to see what the thread says.

Any help would be appreciated.

It can't be very hard, my 16 y/o did mine in a few minutes back in the summer of 04. I didn't even know he was doing it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

These mods are awesome. I just picked up an 08 2.5LGT and cannot wait to do these cheap mods. Not sure about taking out the intake silencer if I lose some mpg...we'll see

no, for the sake of your car longevity, leave the **** intake alone :argue:

• 4 weeks later...

replace all your interior, plate, and trunck lights with LED bulbs. makes a big difference and just looks much better.

EDIT: i don't mean ricey led strings and christmas lights under your seats. just replace the bulbs. i reccommend red ones for the lights in the doors. look great.

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

I think this will forever be debated. Some will swear it causes problems others (myself included) have been without it for a little while with no ill effects. Until someone posts actual dyno and data results, this won't be resolved. The hole is before the filter, so you shouldn't have to worry about sucking up any large rocks or anything, but putting some sort of mesh screen is probably a good idea.

As far as being louder, someone posted in one of the other threads about the intake silencer removal that capping it eliminates or decreases the added noise. It is speculated that the intake is louder because the air resonates in the entire "smuggler's compartment" instead of just the jug, so capping it will quiet it down again, at which point, you may as well just leave the silencer on.

It's cool; I'm with the band

I didn't have much choice. I let my brother borrow my car and he did something that broke the silencer off. I took apart the airbox and found that the silencer was just sitting in the smuggler's compartment being useless, so I took it out. No problems so far.
It's cool; I'm with the band