LegacyGT.com

lowring the front end...

Andreu

I have had ralliteks on spec B bilsteins for 7 months and love every bit about them except the front gap. i was thinking of was to fix it with spending the least possible as i shouldnt even be thinking about this. i was thinking about getting two front jdm pink springs and swapping the rallieteks out for them to lower the front just a little more. What do you guys think?

Ive got rallitek fronts and stock spec b's on the rear for now. Evens out the stance, but I may end up going to ions or swifts to have a more even spring rate setup. The car has some semi odd behavior (oscillation left and right) in a high speed sweeper that I want rid of.

first off could i pick up just a front set of ions? would the ions be better suited?

Yes you can buy just the fronts in iONS. PM iON Performance and they (Jack) will respond promptly and he will give you two options - JDM sport spec or sport spec. JDM spec is lower (maybe too low), but both are supposedly made for the bilsteins.

From all the research I've done, iONS and Pinks, with a nod to Swifts, are the most popular and best matched springs for the bilsteins. I went with iONS because of quicker delivery and a local (especially for me) vendor.

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

Ive got rallitek fronts and stock spec b's on the rear for now. Evens out the stance, but I may end up going to ions or swifts to have a more even spring rate setup. The car has some semi odd behavior (oscillation left and right) in a high speed sweeper that I want rid of.

I'd be interested to hear more about this setup - i was considering going htech fronts/stock spec b rears.

is there too much difference here as well?

I have had ralliteks on spec B bilsteins for 7 months and love every bit about them except the front gap. i was thinking of was to fix it with spending the least possible as i shouldnt even be thinking about this. i was thinking about getting two front jdm pink springs and swapping the rallieteks out for them to lower the front just a little more. What do you guys think?

Miss-matched springs will look great, and handle like crap:eek:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

sactojesse, how does your car feel on hard corners and whatnot whats the overall feel of how it drives?

It's pretty firm, but that's because the Bilstein HDs are substantially more stiffly valved than USDM Spec B Bilsteins. It drives great, IMO, and the floatiness of the stock dampers is gone. And, with the 20 mm JDM RSB, it feels very neutral.

Archived