LegacyGT.com

Tein S-tech Problems

brooklyngenius

okay I had the Tein S-tech springs installed on my 05 2.5i several months ago. here are my problems. for one the front springs make popping sounds when I am at a stand still and turning the wheel. and second the rear sits slightly lower than the front. is it possible they installed the fronts in the rear or sumthing??? is there anybody else who has these springs on but has no problems??? any feedback would be appreciated.

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

^^^ what Xenonk said...

I'm assuming that you're using the stock struts/shocks. Because the S-tech is about 1.5" lower (than stock), the front spings have a tendancy to pop out of their seats when your car is raised (front wheels hanging in mid air). Well, they don't pop out by themselves, but someone might have accidentally pushed it out of place.

If that's the case, just raise your car up with your front wheels hanging, and simply push the springs back into their seats.:)

As for the rear lower than the front, it looks that way probably because the rear fenders arches differently than the front... probably just a visual illusion. Stand further away from the car, it probably wouldn't look that way anymore...:icon_bigg

No such problems with my s-techs in my 2.5i. I made sure to tell the installers that these springs are notorius for being seated incorrectly during installation though.

The real problem with the springs on the 2.5i is SEVER UNDERDAMPNING. Someone NEEDS to make affordable struts for the legacy.

OH YES!!! thats the whole reason I got them cause I was tired of the rear squating so bad during hard accelerating. they are much stiffer but are very much comfortable for daily drivability. I swear by them especially when combined with kyb agx adjustables. the two work so well together.

useless signature line where i cant mention my sponsors

"First Bagged BL5!"

OH YES!!! thats the whole reason I got them cause I was tired of the rear squating so bad during hard accelerating. they are much stiffer but are very much comfortable for daily drivability. I swear by them especially when combined with kyb agx adjustables. the two work so well together.

where did you find the kyb agx's at? Are they reasonably priced? I want the same set up, I just didnt want to use the stock shocks and struts. Thanks!

xantium:

what i got from his post is that he wants to lower but wants to make sure the spring rate is upped adequately so that the travel is lessened, therefore less chance to scrape than a lowering spring with a lower spring rate.

I just had my iON springs installed this weekend and my front driver side spring makes a light clunking noise when turning the wheel sometimes. My installer noticed it right away after the install and reinstalled the spring and it appeared to go away, but it is not totally gone. I notice it sometimes after I come down my driveway and hit the light bump at the bottom, the spring compression is what appears to be the instigator of the sound. The weird thing is that if standing still and I turn the wheel once, it will make the noise, but then it is gone.

Archived