LegacyGT.com

Feel like saving $70 bucks on your OEM sub purchase?

direavenger

I just installed this sub in my 2005 legacy GT sedan under the driver's seat. Same wiring harness, same woofer too. The only difference is the mounting bracket. I stuck mine to the floor using sticky tape.

2002-04 Impreza Sub: $109

2005 Legacy Sub: $177

I have verified that this is the sub that I am using by the part number, so this is definately legit.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wait so they are charging us $70 for a LGT specific bracket??? is the wiring harness identicle?

because they think that we are BMW drivers just because our car was designed by the same guy that designed for them. Till he got caned for pwning their line.

It would be nice to compare the AMP and sub, something must have changed in ~3 yrs

Since you asked...

Here is the link to a 2005 OEM Legacy Sub install, compliments of NewGTGuy. Note the pic of the label on the sub.

The pic that is on my Impreza sub is attached below. The model numbers are different, but the subs look the same. The differences, in terms of power usage, can't be too great since mine is rated at 120W (according to subarupartsforyou.com) and draws its power from the same 12V line as the head unit, just like the one for the Legacy. If the Legacy unit is more powerful, my guess is that it can't be too much more than 120W.

1078525421_legacysub-orisit.JPG.2ac9f626befffd93aa7c16f754efdbae.JPG

very cool !!! How does it sound?

The sound is amazing for its size. It really does a great job of filling out the Legacy's sound system. It gives great low end response for a small enclosure/driver. I highly recommend it.

Hey, i found a wrx sub for sale, but without the harness. I tried searching, but couldnt find a concrete answer. Is there a way I can connect the sub to my headunit without the proper harness by some other way? Any details?

If I remember right (and a search tells me I'm right), the Baja sub is almost a hundred bucks cheaper than the Legacy sub. Didn't bother with the mounting bracket, a couple strips of velcro works.

Hey, i found a wrx sub for sale, but without the harness. I tried searching, but couldnt find a concrete answer. Is there a way I can connect the sub to my headunit without the proper harness by some other way? Any details?

I guess that you could, but I haven't seen anybody do it yet. See how hard it is by giving it a try! The pinouts are floating around this forum or NASIOC somewhere...

^^^ No need to cut the wiring. You just make a pass-through for the sub. Take a look at pics of the sub harness and you'll see what I mean. You can buy the male/female wiring harness parts online somewhere, that much I know.

I saw the wiring harness for sale online.....for $75...thats pretty much how much the sub is. Kind of pointless to buy it. I'll do some more resaearch and see what I can find out. I heard the harness is a T junction. How do I fabricate one of those?

^^^Waaaay too much. I read on this forum (maybe the thread that I referenced in my first post) that you can buy the adapters for like $6 each. I could be wrong, but the info is out there.

The sound is amazing for its size. It really does a great job of filling out the Legacy's sound system. It gives great low end response for a small enclosure/driver. I highly recommend it.

Thats good to hear. I had one in my 99 outback. In that vehicle it was absolutely necessary, the GT stock setup sounded better even without the sub.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Archived