LegacyGT.com

98-99 L bumpers Question

Yea I was trying to gauge it by the pictures and it looked just like it. Because there is a 99 L at the junkyard near me. But I am not sure if it has the bumper. Going to take a look tomorrow.

Getting tired of the car way too fast. So it has officially become a money pit. I have some noise coming from the left front strut (04 WRX strut) that is I think now blown. So I might as well upgrade to a better setup.

Normally when I find threads its full of useless information. And it always seems to end up with someone going....So does it work?

Yeah that's true. But I am wanting more power but all I read is about how slow the 2.5 is and it makes me go...well I have the 2.2. The 2.5 has more ponies and people complain about it.

Money really isn't working out in my favor for a turbo build or swap. And I cannot seem to find a thing on the increase (or even a video) on what LW pulley does for this car.

Faster rev. But is it all in their butt dyno. Anyways thanks for answering.

The 2.2 has some decent daily power potential. So I am hoping I stick with it long enough. Otherwise it will be going for something else. And won't be another Subaru even though I have learned to love them. Just compared to basically any other 4 Cylinder. We seem to fall behind.

So I am hoping to learn how to get cams out (people around here seem to be extremely unhelpful in my area I mean) and get a cam grind. With a LW pulley.

baddog the biggest problem with ur car is the auto not the 2.2L. I have the 5spd 2.2 and althougth it isnt fast...i get around just fine and still enjoy the spirited drive...look into a 5spd converstion...

The 5 speed would make it a lot more fun to drive. The problem is I would need some help and someone who knows how to do this swap. I can't have a lot of downtime on the car.

Which really sucks and limits me.

My auto has no problem keeping up with 5 speeds in a roll though.

Well go figure. The 99 that came in the whole front end was damaged. Why is it so damn hard to find a GT bumper without someone wanting you bend you over and f**k you right in the ass without the use of SOME KIND of lube.

want to go faster? reduce weight! oh yeah and a 5 speed. During my engine build I shaved off about 100 lbs and the difference was noticeable (barely for acceleration but handling more so). Reducing rotating mass (wheels, flywheel, pulleys, driveshaft) makes the response and acceleration benefits exponentially better. Reducing rotating mass is hard without spending money but there are lots of ways to shave other weight for free.

Don't you dare give up on us man!

Definitely see about losing pounds here and there; that will make for a more enjoyable drive. A 5 speed swap is delicious :) If you can get your hands on a gt bumper, that'll cover up the gaping hole up front that (I think, can't remember from the pics) you have, and look great. Did you ever think of doing a rear sway bar?

Archived