LegacyGT.com

Scammer WARNING!! "Garage.east"

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay - everyone. This thread is dedicated to making sure that GE doesn't get another opportunity to scam our members and to enable those he did scam to post up their follow-up experience(s) with him. Let's keep our eye on the ball and get this fixed.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

^^Suarry!

What happens if somone calls the state police and says, this guy stole money from me, and I know where he works/lives and have all of his information, would you be willing to go over and investigate?

Anyone try that. I certainly would, but the guy didn't rip me off, so that would be falsifying information.

I feel like state police are going to be more apt to handle this sort of stuff then the local police.

habitual derail-er

• 1 month later...

Also from other forums it looks like he knows "Mike" from Innovate... Personally too....

http://www.pittspeed.com/showthread.php?215418-2006-Subaru-Legacy-GT-Limited

This guy PMs me about possibly tuning his car so he has my first name and you try to drag us into this mess of him scamming people???

I have never even met this person before, have nothing to do with him or his "shop", and he defnitely does not know me personally. I don't even know his name.

Edited by Innovative Tuning

my paypal claim returned me my funds!!!!

i'm glad it didn't take longer.

i don't get why this a-hole would even go through the trouble when we are gonna get back our money back anyways. what an idiot!!

i just don't get it. he never disputed anything, and he just stalled.

i say, keep his number on quick dial and call him up every now and then. shoot him annoying e-mails every now and then as well.

what a douche.

No, he's not an idiot. Did you contact the police/FBI? You see, why would he care that paypal returned you your money? You gave him funds via PP, he went and bought stuff from other people with them while the dispute was pending, got his goods, and off he goes. Why would he care that the PP reverse happened later on? He already has the stuff he bought with it.

He's entirely banking on you guys NOT contacting the authorities over it because you're getting your money back. Better yet would be someone who doesn't follow the 30 day process with PP and gets screwed. Do the right thing, call the cops.

The moment money is reversed from your paypal account you lose that money. His account will be negative until he replenishes funds, and if he doesn't he will get collection notices, and eventually court. So its not like he cheated anyone out of money, maybe for the moment, but not long term.

The moment money is reversed from your paypal account you lose that money. His account will be negative until he replenishes funds, and if he doesn't he will get collection notices, and eventually court. So its not like he cheated anyone out of money, maybe for the moment, but not long term.

What if he'd already emptied the account of funds and disassociated the account from his bank and credit card?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

doesn't matter. It happened to my brother. Someone claimed they never received a graphic card, even though they did! But he sent it regular mail, not using paypals shipping method. And he had no funds in there, nothing. He even closed the account because he was so fed up with paypal's BS and the guy who cheated him out of money. And he was getting collections letters, his credit score was affected, he didn't like it, so he ended up paying the collection agency.

doesn't matter. It happened to my brother. Someone claimed they never received a graphic card, even though they did! But he sent it regular mail, not using paypals shipping method. And he had no funds in there, nothing. He even closed the account because he was so fed up with paypal's BS and the guy who cheated him out of money. And he was getting collections letters, his credit score was affected, he didn't like it, so he ended up paying the collection agency.

So you think he's running around creating paypal accounts using legitimate credentials? Think about what you're saying here. This guy is running around scamming people. It will probably get reversed, and you are correct, SOMEONE is going to get collection letters, and a credit score impacted. More than likely someone who's identity got stolen.

It does matter.

I doubt he's going through the trouble of stealing identities and everything for that amount of money. And if he did steal someones identity the buyers would have heard from that person by now. Whatever the case is, people like that get what they deserve in the end.

• 1 month later...
This guy PMs me about possibly tuning his car so he has my first name and you try to drag us into this mess of him scamming people???

I have never even met this person before, have nothing to do with him or his "shop", and he defnitely does not know me personally. I don't even know his name.

My apology's... from the website I linked, it looked like you guys new eachother on a personal level. I was simply investigating all angles to help out the people he scammed. Either way, sounds like everyone got their money back and it's all in the past. Again, Sorry for the dragging.

• 2 weeks later...

If you live far away from this, you notify the FBI and Police, as appropriate.

If you live close by, you evaluate what it means to you, and if you are serious you follow a scorched earth policy.

If you are a kid, you think you can walk up to someone, punch them in the face, and walk away smiling. When you grow up, you realize that doesn't happen. You do what you have to do, and pay for it.

I don't like scammers or people who deliberately hurt others for their own gain. I'm torn though: if I went the route of notifying his job/boss and going through the police, then my name would be associated with it. I'd have to stay on the up and up.

If not though, I'd be free to do other less scrupulous things with lower risk of having to pay large for it.

I think it's interesting how many people talk the talk on this thread and ask for vids and such - if someone really dealt with this guy on a personal level, they'd be smart to never acknowledge it.

• 2 years later...
I know this is super old, but Port Byron is one town over from my hometown... Anyone still dealing with this? My buddy has a mechanic shop in Port Byron (super small town) and he's the type that loves to help in these types of situations. Sorry for the 2+ year old bump, just figured I'd offer.