LegacyGT.com

Question about realtime map switching

Mindspin311

So I currently have the Cobb Stage 1 93 map as my base map. I am driving 6 hours to VA next and I figured it was a good chance to see what the economy map can do. So I downloaded both the base and realtime economy maps.

From my understanding, all I have to do is load the realtime econ map only to get the econ tune running on my car. Now, Im guessing to go back to the Stage 1 tune, I have to load the Stage 1 realtime map, correct?

Correct.

Not sure I'm too hot on the econ map...I looked at it in street tuner, and I think it just sets wastegates to zero (basically keeping boost as low as possible and taking the waste gate solenoid out of the picture). Do a search if you want. I don't think it will hurt anything (the econ map), but some have said you'll get just as good of mileage by just being real careful with your right foot...light throttle.

Yes.

The only thing I don't know is if the Stg 1 real map has additional settings that the Stg 1 base doesn't have. If so, you'd need to load the real map as well. If not (e.g. if real has no additional settings), then when you clear it, it will run off the Stg 1 base map which would suffice.

Archived