LegacyGT.com

06 Blue LGT OR 05 Blue LGT UTAH BUY

Blue Shark

Hey guys i'm looking at two legacys right now.

There is this one, http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/408378?ad_cid=1 He priced it extremely low does anyone have a backstory on this car? How much would air bags cost to replace?

And there is also this one, http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/347241?ad_cid=1

He said he did the timing belt already, but would probably need a few other things. And he never changed the Banjo bolt, I have no idea if the other guy has changed it either.

The first one is priced extremely low, for only tires, and airbag? Is this a lemon car hes trying to get rid of before it blows?

Thanks guys, which one would be a better deal knowing backstory on both of them.

Well they say it's a clean title, clean Carfax, it could just be a sensor, I also just found out that he bought it as a project car to fix because it was cheaper, and just fix the simple things but he changed jobs so he doesn't have time. And the person he bought it from replaced the turbo, with what turbo and why I do not know. So that kind of concerns me.

I would take a look at both cars and check on the over-all condition of them. Do some research for air bags online or at a junk yard, you may be able to find some for a decent price. If you don't want a hassle, I would go with the 06, but each their own. Good luck.

My biggest question is what do your parents have against manual transmissions?:spin:

Standard transmissions are:

a.) More fuel efficient

b.) Safer (forces the driver to be more aware)

c.) More reliable

d.) Cheaper to repair/ replace (if needed)

e.) Better for resale value (more desirable)

...and a lot funner :cool: (just don't tell them that)

Yeah, all Subarus are better as manuals, I think. The thing I don't like about automatics is that automatic Subarus are barely all wheel drive. They're literally like a 90-10 split for power between the front and rear wheels. Manual Subarus have an even 50-50 power split, and that's how all wheel drive should be IMO.

Yeah, all Subarus are better as manuals, I think. The thing I don't like about automatics is that automatic Subarus are barely all wheel drive. They're literally like a 90-10 split for power between the front and rear wheels. Manual Subarus have an even 50-50 power split, and that's how all wheel drive should be IMO.

Not all of the autos. Mine is a 45-55 split front to rear.

I wouldn't say it's that low of a split..

Okay, well now that these guys mention it, I guess there is one good point to the automatics blue shark...

Manual Subaru's distribute their power through a 50/50 split center differential, meanwhile the Automatic Subaru's get the magical powers of the VDC (vehicle dynamics control).

The VDC will change the 'split' ratio to adapt to road conditions (i believe it starts at 45-55 under normal conditions and then removes torque from the wheels loosing traction up to the 90-10). It can also activate each tires brake independently to help keep traction. It pretty much makes them impossible to get stuck, a real good feature for outbacks/ crosstrax. But chances are with a turbo car you really don't need it.:rolleyes:

Check out this video, it's really funny seeing other companies trying to compete with subaru's monopoly on traction:cool: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwr5_Sd47Us]Subaru AWD test vs. Honda, Toyota, and Volkswagen - YouTube[/ame]

Archived