LegacyGT.com

Looking to be 4th Gen owner

My wife has a '12 2.5 and we love it. My 2000 Jeep is no longer for this world. I have had my eye on a 08-09 GT manuel. We are station at Fort Polk currently and I have a hell of a time trying to find any. Is there anything that I need to know before buying? Anything I need to be on the lookout for? Any ideas, comments, or suggestions would be great.

My wife has a '12 2.5 and we love it. My 2000 Jeep is no longer for this world. I have had my eye on a 08-09 GT manuel. We are station at Fort Polk currently and I have a hell of a time trying to find any. Is there anything that I need to know before buying? Anything I need to be on the lookout for? Any ideas, comments, or suggestions would be great.

Welcome!

If you are looking for a 08'-09' GT Manuel you may have to look south of the border.

GL with your search.

X

---

• I Donated Too

tompar... most of what to look out for will have been detailed many times in many of the threads on this site. People have had luck posting vehicles they are looking to buy on the forum and we all have an opinion and things we can point out and then all the information you're asking about will likely pour out anyway.

Do you seen any cars yet or have your eye on any online ads?

Wow, I guess there's not many Subaru's down there.

Most of the guy's on the for sale forum should be a little more helpful then someone on CL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

can i chime in here and ask if there is any major problems with the 05 legacy gt wagon 5mt? ive heard about the turbo oil feed banjo bolt clogging but the car im getting it was checked and is clear. What sort of other problems might there be? the car 142 000kms on it as for maintenace it has a stage 1 exedy clutch and will need timing/water pump soon. The seller is providing some maintenance schedule but i havnt looked through it yet.

Any help or links to some other information would be great, ive looked around a bit and psoted a few other threads but noone has really answered.

Just go up to the "Pre Purchase Questions" Thread Topic at the top of the forum and read. There are numerous threads that cover all those questions. That's a pretty common clutch upgrade to stay close to OEM and you are correct on the timing/pump maintenance interval at 105K miles (approx 169,000km).

Archived