LegacyGT.com

Service Manual Seatbelt Chime Disable

This is straight from the manual and if it does not take the first time try again. I followed the other directions and it only would take chime away maybe 1 out of 10 times or it would only do it till car was off again.

Anyway the proper procedure is

1.Turn key to on position

2. Latch/unlatch seat belt exactly 20 times with in 30 seconds.

To reverse follow the same procedure.

I hope this ends the confusion that seems to have always existed on the subject.

Where did you see in this thread that it said permanent fix? Why would you waste the time posting your comment? You are a true deuche bag. Figures you are from dallas

It is permanent unless your battery dies or you reset the ecu. The other threads over complicate it tell you to do it twice etc....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

key is to do it slow and take most of the 30 seconds for the 20 clicks and do full range of motion belt in slot and out completely.

hope that helps it has helped me i use to try and try this rarely getting it to work. Now I can do it whenever needed which is regularly since I have been taking seats in and out.

As said above that is not a permarent fix. If it gets real cold out or the ECU is reset. You'll be doing this again.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No where do I say permanent. I just thought explaining the steps particularly the going slow would help others as it did me i got it once after many tries then while working on my car with battery disconnected i lost it and never got it right again until reading the service manuals description. Which was 2 years later would have been very annoying if I did not wear my seat belt and was very annoying to have to buckle the passenger belt when there is weight il on it. So I thought I would pass it along. There is lots of bad info some posts say you do it twice etc....

Also it is a low battery voltage and then starting that can make it go away the cold just is the usual cause of low voltage starts. The service manual informs you of this condition.

Edit.. This thread should be locked all useful information can be edited in first post which is key to on position and 20 full in and out clicks done slowly over the course of about 27 seconds.

You are a true deuche bag. Figures you are from dallas

I see no reason for insults. Keep them to yourself please.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
You are supposed to remove the key. If this is for the driver seat you can watch the seat belt symbol. When you are successful at disabling it, it wont show. Same for the passenger. When you have disabled it the seat belt symbol will not show for the passenger. They should both be disabled from the driver.

• 2 years later...

I tried a million times, after having done it successfully first try months ago (had battery out for injector and fmic install) and thought I had forgotten the process!!

The key, no pun intended, is certainly to go slow.. it's not a race to 20 clicks... also, for the last successful attempt I just started the car, as opposed to the 100 tries turning the key to the off position after the 20 clicks.

Ymmv, but that's how I got er to listen THIS time.

Sorry to bring a thread back from the grave, but I'm sure is often searched

Archived