LegacyGT.com

How many miles are on your 2nd gen Legacy?

The fastest I've gone in my car is 90 but I've gone over 100 in my mom's Yukon XL... My mom has had my car going 110. My family is full of road rage and speed lol

Haha my back seat has no miles on it.. I come from a highly religious family and I would be killed if they found out I did something. But I do know what you mean about someone else driving away in your car.. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of it. I want an Outback really bad but I will keep the LGT when I get an Outback (attachment issues). I have only let 1 friend drive my car but because I trust no one to drive it.

Edited by 98LGTLover

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had 9 cars/trucks/suvs in the 5 1/2 years i've had my license and i've always hated selling them if i hadn't left vermont and moved down here i would have kept them all, my apartment in VT had a huge driveway so i could keep collecting cars, but down here i dont have as much room and In North Carolina you have to pay taxes on everything you own every year, so i parted ways with everything but 2 cars 1 truck and 1 boat until last august when I sold my civic.

and same here i've only let one freind drive mine only because he's my best freind and i'd take a bullet for him, other then him no one even touches my car lol

funny story my junior yr in High School I had parked in the school parking lot and there was a kid parked in front of me that had backed his ford explorer into his spot. so after school as I'm walking out to my car i see the tailgate is open and theres like 5 people behind his SUV. so anyway when i came around the side of his explorer one of his Friends was sitting on my hood left a nice dent.........so i didn't say anything as i walked up and broke his nose ha ha one punch right in the face. to be fair everyone in school new about my car and that i raced it and how much $$$ was invested in it so no one every came anywhere near it till this kid lol he was the last one to touch it without permission ha ha

This is the only car I've ever had. I have had my license for almost 3 years. You can get your license when you are 15 in Idaho. I wish my car was a manual because then people wouldn't ask so much lol I love our boat! It is great during the summer.

Haha that is funny! Just a couple months ago this girl in my health occupations class backed in the back door of my car and then left. So I went out to my car like 2 minutes after she left and see the side of car all caved in. I was mad. The teacher heard me say quite a few choice words about the whole situation. Lucky for the girl I tracked her down and made her pay for it and I didn't call the police for her to get a hit and run ticket. Anyone that does anything to my car will pay for it, I don't care who you are.

The other time it got hit a realtor side swipped the front of it while I was in my grandparents house. Thank God he was a nice guy and called himself in for doing it and he was talking to the cops about it when I came outside and saw it.

And the first time it was wrecked the PO swerved to miss hitting a moose and ran it into the ditch smashing the whole front end up but the airbags didn't go off.

Edited by 98LGTLover

at 402,000 the engine had probably started making some strange upsetting noise or something soo maybe he changed it. or maybe he blew gaskets and the transplant would be more cost effective in keeping it alive

I hope my car makes it near that

If theres anyone on here in the New England area "within 6hrs of Massachusetts" and you blow a Head Gasket Let me know. most shops charge a pretty penny to fix the head gasket along with everything else you broke, but I know a performance shop the specializes in Subaru performance and they do head gaskets for $750 or so if I remember correctly

Ok guys... I know this isn't a Subaru but I really like this car. I personally know the owners of the dealership and they said they would let me buy the car for $5,000 (Only $200 over wholesale price). Do you think it is worth it? I'd still keep my Subaru of course! I could never get rid of it.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/1669219673.html

I have a Friend with the exact same car, I'm not a VW guy well except for the Corrado but this is a very nice car. With a new grill some tint and a set of rims its pretty sweet. I've never heard one with an exhaust but I cant imagine it would sound that bad.

If I were you I'd buy it if you like it.

Just be prepared for two things:

#1 Expensive to get fixed and a HUGE pain in the butt to work on

#2 Reverse is where 1st is in US and Japanese cars THIS ONES VERY IMPORTANT lol

I like the car as is. The rims are my favorite part! It is kind of a chick car but they are really cool looking. Reverse is really weird in the car, I don't even know how to drive a stick but I am more than willing to learn. It has tinted windows with a strip across the top of the windshield. It just had the timing belt, water pump, and front rotters.. That is all I know of but Scott said that the PO rattled off a ton of stuff they had just done to the car. I want to buy it but my parents won't buy it for me. I was wanting them to buy it and then I would make payments to them. My parents said I should just save that money for college instead of spending it on the car. But even if worse came to worse I could probably sell the car and come out ahead because the car normally sells for $6,900.