LegacyGT.com

GREEN Light for 2.5i Header 06+ only !!!!!

08-06-2009

Spoke to Brian at B&T Motor Sports today in depth and we spoke about the various design models for our needs. He said that it would take 2 days MAX and cost $800.00 for the first piece and then a SET price for the next 9. He said 10 total for the first run would be good but more if they are a definite! He said that by mirroring the turbo design it would save in fabrication time and overall cost :) In addition he was very open about the idea throwing in good idea's pertaining to overall design and ways to make the header as cost effective as possible. There was no mention of a cat but I think that in the long run that will benefit us better i.e. you can choose your own cat or not :lol:

So the price is tentatively set at $800.00 for the prototype and that design will dictate the final price I have to call him again tomorrow to feel out a ballpark price for each but from today's conversation we really wont be able to tell until the prototype is made and how much material was used to make that one. He said that he will try to fab the most efficient ( cost and performance wise) header possible. SO the first run will be for 10, now if there are 15 serious people that number will be bumped up which only means that it is cheaper for all.

1. GEE-OTTO

2. tleem00

3. enkeiandmore

4. LagBot

5.socallegacy

6.bradshaw_subaru_2006L

Once we get that ten ppl in place ill set up the two days to drop my car off at the shop or if you live closer to Lorton VA (any one in lower MD or other parts of VA) than I do and you want to run the prototype speak up I wont hog the fun :lol: We can then work out the most efficient way to collect the fab fee. Paypal?? and go forward from there

4 more spots left open !!!!!!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is probably fine, but in that link i noticed it stating for man. tranny? im sure its all gravy for both sides of the tranny fence,but just wanted to be certain. other than that, thanks for brightening the day with this bit o fresh news!

Awesome!!! So are we not allowed to know the vendor? lol. Paul...Paul... hmm isn't there an AVO Paul??

HAHA no you can never know :lol: ESC Performance is the shop. They understand that all we want is a header not to overthrow LGT/WRX aftermarket production

I know you may have thought that I kinda gave up on the header or garnered interest from the masses only to fizzle like the rest BUT I finally got the response I was looking for:

"Hello,

Yes, we would be more than happy to do one off pieces for a person, or develop and produce the piece if you could arrange enough of a group to buy.

We do custom work all the time http://www.rs25.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Let me know.

-Paul"

With that being said I will forward this list to the vendor to see if it is enough for a group run of these headers. The next solicitation will more than likely be for deposits directly to the vendor for each order I assume $50 which will go towards the purchase price. The price will more than likely be based on numbers more equals cheaper for each one. This is for 06+ Legacies with this type of manifold:http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_1/exhaust_system/exhaust/illustration_6/. This will also fit 07/08/09 Impreza 2.5is as they have the same exhaust setup.

If you know of any one with a 06+ Legacy let them know if they are interested add them to this list and post it in a response. I will submit the updated list this evening once I get home from the office.

This was brought up but the 5MT and the 4EAT have the same exhaust manifold

Thanks!!:icon_razz

1. GEE-OTTO 2008 Legacy 2.5i

2. socallegacy 06 2.5i non Pzev

3.The RZA 2009 2.5i

4. Lagbot 2009 Legacy 2.5i

5.subymanse2006: 2006 legacy 2.5i

6.shtbxr22: 2007 legacy 2.5i

7.cseagle08: 2009 Legacy 2.5i

8.NORULLEGGY 2008 Legacy

9.PiKapp335

10. N.sane - 07 Legacy

11. cino 135

12. tleem00 - 07 Legacy

13. CLARK687-09 LEGACY 2.5

14.Pawlwawl06

15.adidasoutback

just wanted to fix the 2009 im a 2008 lol :lol: but im looking forward to this as long as the price doesnt make me cry lol:hide:

3.The RZA 2009 2.5i

4. Lagbot 2008 Legacy 2.5i

8.NORULLEGGY 2008 Legacy

9.PiKapp335

10. N.sane - 07 Legacy

11. cino 135

12. tleem00 - 07 Legacy

14.Pawlwawl06

15.adidasoutback

3.The RZA 2009 2.5i

4. Lagbot 2008 Legacy 2.5i

8.NORULLEGGY 2008 Legacy

9.PiKapp335

10. N.sane - 07 Legacy

11. cino 135

12. tleem00 - 07 Legacy

14.Pawlwawl06

15.adidasoutback

16.m3ph

New list

hmm, I'm a little confused with the first post. I understand the 1st masterpiece is between $1200-$1500, but if we get 20 ppl on the list it'll be at $75-$100 each? Did I understand that right? lol

hmm, I'm a little confused with the first post. I understand the 1st masterpiece is between $1200-$1500, but if we get 20 ppl on the list it'll be at $75-$100 each? Did I understand that right? lol

Let me clear that up to research and fab a master that will used to make the production run will be btwn 1200-1500 we have to split that btwn 15-20 ppl after that each header will be a separate cost but as you all know the more the CHEAPER so we all will benefit but gathering more fellow 2.5i owners to join in.

So do u have any other info yet??.....and as far as anyone livein close to CT .... I live in PA so im kinda close lol

Ive got all the info needed ESC Speed said all we need to do is pay the fee for the fabrication of the first piece then they will ship that off to be mass produced. So it is all up to the Group if you will if people say they want this header and get on the list and stall then the whole project stalls. Another thing is ESC speed said they needed a legacy 2.5i to use to mock up the prototype but I live in VA they are in CT thats why I asked if anyone was close.

So is this going to mate up with the stock exhaust and flange? cause I really do not plan on getting anything muffler wise, I am still in but I bought the 2.5i for travel and a bit of back road fun.

Yup a stock replacement that will bolt to you existing stock exhaust no other mods included

Ive got all the info needed ESC Speed said all we need to do is pay the fee for the fabrication of the first piece then they will ship that off to be mass produced. So it is all up to the Group if you will if people say they want this header and get on the list and stall then the whole project stalls. Another thing is ESC speed said they needed a legacy 2.5i to use to mock up the prototype but I live in VA they are in CT thats why I asked if anyone was close.

Ok now im less confused....and from where i am in PA to CT would only be about a 3hr drive to like the middle of the state so i would be willing to be the test dummy for it lol

Ok now im less confused....and from where i am in PA to CT would only be about a 3hr drive to like the middle of the state so i would be willing to be the test dummy for it lol

If you could do that it would benefit us all. The next issue is the fee for the fabrication of the first piece. btwn $1200-$1500 lets say it is $1350 for the fab job that would be $67.50 per person. So now we need to come up with a way to get all the deposits from all the interested people once we have the deposit amount the shop will fab the piece in about 8-10 hours from what paul over at ESC Speed said. My

If you could do that it would benefit us all. The next issue is the fee for the fabrication of the first piece. btwn $1200-$1500 lets say it is $1350 for the fab job that would be $67.50 per person. So now we need to come up with a way to get all the deposits from all the interested people once we have the deposit amount the shop will fab the piece in about 8-10 hours from what paul over at ESC Speed said. My

Well i will do the drive and the test fitting for the headers so thats takein care of lol......as far as the money goes...can we send individual to ESC other than that i was gonna say set up a pay pal account and do it that way.

Well i will do the drive and the test fitting for the headers so thats takein care of lol......as far as the money goes...can we send individual to ESC other than that i was gonna say set up a pay pal account and do it that way.

Good point i will email ESC and see how they want that done if they have a paypal account we all could send it to them that way you have a secure connection to this build and your money.

I see 15 people on the list so far, but if we can get more, do you have any idea what price we could possibly be looking at when all is done?

Also... someone asked if this was going to be UEL headers... is it?

yeah its for UEL headers....the more ppl we get the more the price will drop so if you have friends lookin for them have them add there name to the list.

Archived