LegacyGT.com

How To: Dis-Able Seatbelt Chime SERIOUSLY.

Ok... I read through the other thread like 30 times repeatedly tried what it said...

1. turn key to acc on

2. plug in seat belt (all the way till it clicks)/unplug seatbelt 20 times Rapidly

3. turn off key

4. Repeat 1-3

5. Start car...

By "plug in seat belt" I mean all the way so the light goes out and it clicks...

By "unplug seat belt" I mean push the release button and let the belt anchor pop out of the reciever.

Well, I noticed (after repeated tries the way it says) that the seat belt light went out after the initial bells/blinks after doing the sequence JUST ONCE...

Well... I spent some time playing with it last night and WITHOUT A DOUBT on my 05 Legacy 2.5i Wagon that if you do the full sequence 2 times like suggested it deactivates the bells the first time and reactivates them the second...

SO JUST FOR CLARIFICATION...

ON MY CAR WITH NO DOUBT WHAT SO EVER.

To dis-able the Seatbelt Chime...

1. turn key on to acc position (do not start car).

2. buckle and un-buckle the seatbelt 20 times (or more (could be less I didn't bother trying lower numbers... I will though.))

3. turn the key to the off position.

4. start the car...

You do NOT need to wait for the initial chimes to finish for ANY of the steps.

ALSO

KEEP IN MIND that this COMPLETELY ELIMINATES BOTH THE CHIME/BELL AND the CLUSTER REMINDER LIGHT.

After the initial bells/chimes and blinks of the reminder light, the light goes OUT and the bells do not chime again...

As far as the cold temperature reset... I don't know about that... it hasn't been that cold here since I disabled it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got an 05 GT 5MT and the dealer can reprogram the chime--they did on mine, anyway.

Basically, the way it works--turn the car on. once the beeping starts, insert and take out the seat belt buckle 20 times quickly (like in 30 seconds). turn car off. repeat process.

I know it sounds odd, but it works. All i get now when i start the car without the seatbelt plugged in is 4 or 5 chimes.

Byers Subaru in Columbus Ohio (by the airport) is my dealership and they can explain it to you if I screwed it up.

But it works.

Best of luck.

--Marc

1) Turn key to on position-don't start.

2) After first set of chimes click seat belt in and out 20 times within 30 seconds.

3) Turn off key.

4) Repeat 1, 2, 3 again

5) Turn key off and re-start

And that's off pages 5 and 6...

For people looking to do this this thread GREATLY simplifies finding the answer...

I didn't even realize that it got resolved in that thread.

man stop making new posting on same topics, there are like 5 posts already.

When I disabled mine I did it 2ice and it worked, if you cant get it to stop, try doing it once or twice, key in or key out, keep trying till u get it I guess.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I see no reason for this thread- the answer is already posted in the other thread. For those that don't know, stop doing the procedure more than once- the second time cancels the first one. And if you unplug your battery, you'll have to do it again.

man stop making new posting on same topics, there are like 5 posts already.

When I disabled mine I did it 2ice and it worked, if you cant get it to stop, try doing it once or twice, key in or key out, keep trying till u get it I guess.

How about someone just makes the instructions clear so it works for everyone... How about a thread that ISN'T 26 pages long...

just thought this would make is simple for new to find the answer fast instead of reading through 26 pages of posts' most of which don't even make sense or encourage the repeated trying of the incorrect steps.

This way people read the FIRST post in a thread and it simply and clearly gives the instructions.

I see no reason for this thread- the answer is already posted in the other thread. For those that don't know, stop doing the procedure more than once- the second time cancels the first one. And if you unplug your battery, you'll have to do it again.

The reason for the thread was the other one is REALLY confusing and you don't even get to the incorrect instructions till the 5th page much less the correct ones...

And if you go to the last page you have to go back at least 10 pages and the procedure is STILL not clearly outlined...

I made this thread so the directions are clear and correct on ONE page.

I tried the way it's spelled out in the first thread like 15 times before I figured out that it had to be done once... I figured I'd save someone else the headache...

Especially considering the posters in the other thread keep encouraging people to try the SAME thing over and over as if it will produce a different effect in the end.... RIGHHHT.

"Repeat process, remove key from ignition again."

Then reinsert the key and start the engine. This is after the second buckle/unbuckle process. Worked for me... maybe I missed some odd thing I did in between? Try rubbing your tummy and patting the top of your head? :)

Don't give up, the effort is worth the silence.

It worked for me, what an awesome thing this forum is, saves me so much headache!

Thanks guys!

Just thought this thread would make the process less of a treasure hunt.

ok if thats what you wanted, maybe any admin should make a post that has concluded info only and no one can add comments to it, make it sticky too.

Yeah yeah... that's a good idea...

A locked sticky with all the how to's or maybe just a series of locked how-to's with some sort of naming convention so they're easy to search out...

Just for some clarity... that's what always drives me nuts about forums... you have to read like 30 pages of unneccissary info to get what you want.

I know this has been discussed a whole lot, but for some reason I'm starting to think that everyone's car takes a different touch... on my car it definitely took 2 times to turn it off, but other people are claiming that the second try reactivated there, maybe we just need a post that posts different things to try, like "try this... and if that doesn't work, try this.... etc." Just my thoughts...

Totally agree...this thread is re-hash all over again.....

It's a re-hash for all of those who sat through the 26 pages of the other thread...

It's a CLEAN HOW TO for anyone who doesn't want to wade through 26 pages of mis-information based on repeated USELESS posts by people like yourself...

Add something to the thread or stay out of it. I know it's fun to try to hop on a band wagon when you see a mod questioning a thread... but I think it's been made pretty clear this is a usefull thread by the following...

Weee .. chime turned off :)

It worked!!!!!!!!

I actually appreciate this thread...alot.

Thanks Again

It's a re-hash for all of those who sat through the 26 pages of the other thread...

It's a CLEAN HOW TO for anyone who doesn't want to wade through 26 pages of mis-information based on repeated USELESS posts by people like yourself...

Add something to the thread or stay out of it. I know it's fun to try to hop on a band wagon when you see a mod questioning a thread... but I think it's been made pretty clear this is a usefull thread by the following...

well thats weird because most of us here went through all the pages and did not complain! If you're too busy to go through them then DONT!

Plus, when owners have problems, they post them, thats why the original thread is pretty long, so when you cant get it to work, probably the reason would be already posted, which is the reason you should look them thro.

well thats weird because most of us here went through all the pages and did not complain! If you're too busy to go through them then DONT!

I didn't... like I said I figured it out on my own after getting to the 6th page that had the incorrect instructions.

Plus, when owners have problems, they post them, thats why the original thread is pretty long, so when you cant get it to work, probably the reason would be already posted, which is the reason you should look them thro.

I understand why the thread is long... I was making a new one so people didn't have to bother reading 26 pages of a thread where it was eventually figured out.

I'm about done bickering about this... the thread was meant to be HELPFUL to those who did not participate or witness the evolution of the original thread. If you don't like it... don't bother reading it...

Archived