LegacyGT.com

good clutch for 400whp?

mikesubie13

Hey everyone,

have a 05 lgt engine being built right now shooting for around 400 at wheels. i plan to swap over to a 06+ wrx flywheel single mass. wanted to see what ppl recommend for clutches? Pros and cons of each set up would be great to know. any input would be great such as daily driving issues or cost of product, customer service from said company's life span.

thanks everyone

Mike

Clutches are usually rated for torque not horsepower.

That said I'de recommend Southbend stage 2 or 3 endurance version depending on your wtq goals. The daily version can get smelly when driven spiritedly, trust me. The stage 2 will be like stock while the stage 3 will have quicker engagement and a stiffer pedal. They have absolutely amazing customer service and are on the price side but you get what you pay for. Call them and they will answer any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked out there website some need stuff and options on there . Now since I plan to run a 06 Wrx flywheel should I be looking at a 06 Wrx clutch or still look at the lgt clutches ? Kind of a dumb brain fart question lol just want to make sure that's all thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Must update my post as it is slightly miss informing. My stage 3 daily clutch stopped smelling Finally now that it is fully broken in. It is rated for 400wtq. I would recommend this this clutch for use with the WRX oem flywheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been running the southbend stage 3 daily clutch for about 5K miles. Never had any issues with it smelling, but I don't launch the car. Is holding low 300WHP without issues. It can occasionally chatter, but it more caused by not giving the car much gas.

I have the clutch master fx300 with smfw. I've had it for about 10,000 miles mad still holds anything I can give it, never launched tho. I'm putting down 430awhp and 390tq on a dynojet. I know they make a fx350 now that quite a few people are running.

+1 for the clutchmasters /smfw setup

But mine has slipped , and honestly i think youll want more so id say

At the least start at the 350 or 400 series

Although at these levels you might wanna consider the moore blast plates or

Start saving for a 6 spd swap.... Unless you have the $$ for ppg gears...

Ive already had to rebuild my 5spd, and i dont launch or track it

Archived