LegacyGT.com

smfw and stage 2 clutch complete 1 question though

as stated we did my smfw and stage 2 clutch swap today.. took about 7 hrs from start to finish. trans unmated from the motor in about 20 min (55k miles and never seen a harsh winter ) i was lucky there ...

clutch grabs fine , rolls smooth.....

but my pedal grabs about half way from the floor which im fine with , just seems like there s no resistance when pushing the clutch in , ....

do i need to adjust the pedal from under the dash or ....

maybe cause its new and im use to a duel mass?

or im thinking that my TOB was shitty and thats y . we used the moly grease on the shaft where the tob goes on to . maybe its just sliding better ...

any input would be greatly appreciated

You did put a new TOB in, right ?

Some stage 2 or higher clutches will change as they break in.

My Spec 2 has been like stock since the first push on the clutch pedal.

My old Spec 2+ was different for the first 1000 miles or so.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yeah TOB is in right and locked in place thinkin maybe cause we cleaned and greased the output shaft where the TOB goes so its riding real smooth .. unlike the old tob which was dried up and all... gunna bleed the clutch master today and adjust pedal travel..

yeah brand new everything from the fw back , fw , pp, tob, pivot bearing , bolts.

cleaned everything , and lightly greased both bearing

bled the system , feels a little better but its still real light ...

im going to adjust the pedal travel .

now do i take the rod off , then adjust the holder or , i tried turing the rod while it was on to no avil... im going to have to search

bled the system , feels a little better but its still real light ...

im going to adjust the pedal travel .

now do i take the rod off , then adjust the holder or , i tried turing the rod while it was on to no avil... im going to have to search

IMO don't adjust the pedal let the clutch break in first. You shouldn't need to do that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

well i adjusted it a little, pedal was grabbin 3/4 up from the floor. i only did a little now it grabs about half ill leave it there till break in .

well the pedal had alot of play i just took out what was needed.. now it feels great

Archived