LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

Finally after 2 years of owning this car I am now running ClimberDave's valve body. Long story short, Dave is the man. Helped and advised me throughout my rough patches with my transmissions and is great to deal with.

I was only able to drive it a couple of miles around my area (lots of traffic and lights) since the install, so no real review from me. I can say that the shifts seems very quick, however, I do get a harsh bump from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st - read that this will be corrected after 150 miles after the TCU relearns. Do you guys recommend resetting the TCU or just let it relearn on its own? Hope to take it on the highway this weekend and see how it performs then.

Finally after 2 years of owning this car I am now running ClimberDave's valve body. Long story short, Dave is the man. Helped and advised me throughout my rough patches with my transmissions and is great to deal with.

I was only able to drive it a couple of miles around my area (lots of traffic and lights) since the install, so no real review from me. I can say that the shifts seems very quick, however, I do get a harsh bump from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st - read that this will be corrected after 150 miles after the TCU relearns. Do you guys recommend resetting the TCU or just let it relearn on its own? Hope to take it on the highway this weekend and see how it performs then.

It softens up after awhile.

Just let it relearn without resetting it.

Cool thanks.

Was able to drive it today. Going from park to drive the first time of the day was super harsh. Felt like the car jumped. Does this get better as well as the shifts or is it going to be like that every cold start? Other than that, it's starting to feel great.

Cool thanks.

Was able to drive it today. Going from park to drive the first time of the day was super harsh. Felt like the car jumped. Does this get better as well as the shifts or is it going to be like that every cold start? Other than that, it's starting to feel great.

Its the one complaint I've heard about, that I've never noticed. :confused:

Make sure the car is idled down before shifting, taping the gas should lower it from ~1200 to ~700rpm

Cool thanks.

let it idle for your preferred time (I let it go for 10-20sec) then blip the throttle. The RPM should drop to a reasonable idle and park>drive should be smooth

watch the begining of this video, my rear end bounces when putting into drive , this is amplified by the rwd/ 4wd conversion as there is more torque going to the rear axle

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've had my valve body mod installed for about 600 miles now. Everything had smoothed out but the downshift from 2nd to 1st. It's pretty violent. I can feel it through the whole car.

Is there any bushings or anything I should replace or keep an eye on due to the added stress from the harder down shifts?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

So I've had my valve body mod installed for about 600 miles now. Everything had smoothed out but the downshift from 2nd to 1st. It's pretty violent. I can feel it through the whole car.

Is there any bushings or anything I should replace or keep an eye on due to the added stress from the harder down shifts?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

In sport, or "D"?

In sport there's an extra set of clutch packs engaged(low speed coast/something like that) that will feel harsh to some.

In "D" it should feel normal.

Climber D can take a while to respond, he's a busy guy. VBmods are not his day job. Plan on being down for ~3 weeks, shipping to him, modify, shipping back.

The extra set of clutch packs is for engine breaking.

The harsh downshift is a known side effect. Workarounds would be to use manual

Mode .

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone heard from climberd recently? I'm looking to get hold of a valve body upgrade. Completely understand if other things are more significant at the mo, just trying to figure out if it's likely to be a possibility at some point

it's most likely a possibility at some point

• 2 months later...
I have a 2009 Legacy GT 5eat PLEASEEE pm me. I pm'd you a couple times but i dont think theyre going thru. I'm worried im going to blow my tranny being that i have over 340wtq on a mustang dyno right now. Im really interested in your Hex mod valve body and would love to talk to you about it in depth.VERY SERIOUS BUYERRR Edited by rich_lgt

rich_lgt,

at 340whp you are at/over the limit and your 5EAT is living on borrowed time...

HexMods can't help you, yet (but I now he is working on it...)

Your other option might be to try IPT but make SURE that they have a VB kit for your year! If not, don't bother. Level10 - has mixed reviewed, at best...

good luck