LegacyGT.com

4th Generation Legacy/Outback Recall

RallyMachine

Just saw this in the news and thought it would be important for you all to know. Apparently some states are getting salt happy which is causing accelerated corrosion of our brake lines. Needless to say, brakes are not something to take lightly...get this fixed! :eek:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130402/us-subaru-recall/?utm_hp_ref=business&ir=business

It's funny cause I called my dealer stating my car was built in Indiana and I live in Chicago. They told me to wait until I received word if my VIN was part of the recall.... Thanks dealer. Hopefully this isn't an urgent issue.

This might be the first recall that actually affects my '08. Most of them so far have been for manuals, turbos, H6s, those with illuminated door sills, etc. There was that one ECM reprogram, but was just an emissions thing.

Though roads around here don't get much salt in the winter. (Mostly sand, if anything. Depends on the county.)

This might be the first recall that actually affects my '08. Most of them so far have been for manuals, turbos, H6s, those with illuminated door sills, etc. There was that one ECM reprogram, but was just an emissions thing.

Though roads around here don't get much salt in the winter. (Mostly sand, if anything. Depends on the county.)

Not sure if the later 4th gens were affected, but the earlier ones had a recall/service advisory on rear wheel bearings...

I just got off the phone with Subaru of America.

Per Subaru of America, they are in the process of determining which vehicles were supplied with brake lines from the manufacturer that found the issue. They were advised that more info should be available in three to five weeks, then they will send letters to owners of affected vehicles.

The issue is predominantly in states that use salt to treat roads in winter; MN, WA, NJ, IL, IA, MO, WV, parts of CA, etc.

Hope that helps.

I could suck start a snow blower.

I just got off the phone with Subaru of America.

Per Subaru of America, they are in the process of determining which vehicles were supplied with brake lines from the manufacturer that found the issue. They were advised that more info should be available in three to five weeks, then they will send letters to owners of affected vehicles.

The issue is predominantly in states that use salt to treat roads in winter; MN, WA, NJ, IL, IA, MO, WV, parts of CA, etc.

Hope that helps.

Just spoke with SOA and the local Dealer. Both advised I wait to receive official notification via a letter. The Dealer has not received instructions nor an inventory of parts should replacement be required. I don't think I have an issue, but will keep an eye on the brake fluid reservoir which appears to be full as of now.

Will wait for the letter in mail. Recent puddle lights recall letter came in after I already took it to the dealer.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived