LegacyGT.com

Cel P0102

jpapworth

I just changed my spark plugs a few days ago at 61K. I used the NGK LFR7AIX plugs. Since I changed them I have gotten a violent stumbling or a misfire feeling above 3 or 4K under WOT. If I baby it I can go all the way up to 7K with it feeling fine. The only CEL I have gotten in P0102 for low MAF input. This CEl only stays on during the WOT and goes away right after I let the gas off. I took the maf out, cleaned it gently with a Q-Tip and reinstalled it with no change. While I was doing the spark plug change I also put in 2/3 can of seafoam in the gas tank for the first time. I was wondering if I am missing any steps before I pull all the spak plugs back out? Could the seafoam have caused this? Any help would be appreciated.

I checked and clean out all of the pin connections with canned air. They all look great. I thought of that too, but I only got the CEL for the MAf under WOT. I would assume that a broken MAF or pin would throw that CEL constantly, i.e. like its not plugged in. I just got it that cylinder 4 is the drivers side rear, figures it was the hardest to put it. So now I am going to let the car cool down and pull the plug.

All right, I am a dumba**. I cracked the porcelin on the plug for cylinder #4. I remember reading a thread about this a while back. I guess under light load everything was fine, but under heavy load something was arching or grounding through the cracks of the plug. I cleaned my best old plug and replaced it for now and everything is running fine. Now I just have to oreder a new plug and do it all over again. On a side note, I think the MAF CEL was unrelated but it was sure .ss hell dirty. Thanks everyone :)

Archived