LegacyGT.com

went to the dragstrip

So I went to the dragstrip tonight and the first two runs by the time I hit fourth gear I was at around 5k rpm it was like I hit fuel cut off like if I hit my rev limiter. Then the third time I pushed my launch a bit harder launched at 3200 rpm it happened again towards the end of third then again in fourth. Then lol I smelled oil burning so I parked and looked under the hood and soon smoke coming up from where I can see my header pipes just under where the oil pump would be I will investigate more tomorrow. I hope nothin serious is goin on

hta68 turbo

forced performance oil line

walbro fuel pump

pe 850cc injectors

e85

agency power elh

grimmspeed ewg upipe

tial 38 mm

stock boost solenoid

invidia downpipe

greddy evo2 cbe

tgv deletes

perrin tmic

perrin turbo inlet hose

aem cai

hks ssqv3 vent to atm

5eat hexmods valvebody so so worth the money!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta provide us with more details. A timeslip will show us a little but a learning view and log would be even more helpful. Let us know.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

3200RPM is not "pushing the launch harder".
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

as you can see my 2nd and 3rd run the 60" was good but at the end of the 1/4 is where i kept hitting a brick wall. the local subaru shop said it sounds like i was over boosting and the ecu shut it down. my boost gauge did get maxed out on the third run and my egt hit 1700. hope ne of this helps. also took the plastic cover off under the motor and it was the foam crap under there that was burning so got a break there. i just remembered i have 2 videos of my runs. the 2nd run is my girl recording then the 3rd is in my car and perfect for you to hear what i am talking bout SWEET!!!!

IMAG0130.thumb.jpg.32404fee34f743b05ad73b25bd29f04a.jpg

IMAG0131.thumb.jpg.f552e07c0be00e6146e175dbdcbdf146.jpg

IMAG0132.thumb.jpg.8814e8efdac8e51a0c0d0d377b84b4ad.jpg

I think you should look for someone else to tune the car. An HTA68 powered car should do better than mid 13's.

That said, we can't help you unless you know where the oil is coming from. It could be as simple as a leaky oil filter, or as bad as a blown out cam seal.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I think you should look for someone else to tune the car. An HTA68 powered car should do better than mid 13's.

That said, we can't help you unless you know where the oil is coming from. It could be as simple as a leaky oil filter, or as bad as a blown out cam seal.

I'm with BAC. If your tuner didn't do the simple task of removing the cat CEL, I'd question what else they missed. +1 on liveview and datalogs so we can help out.

Well I solved the oil burn smell. It was the foam crap on the undertray of the motor. The headers burnt it. So no problems other then the tune. And I do agree with you guys also I need a better tune I was in mid 13's with my legacy with just headers,cbe,upipe and a few other things

The power really shouldn't be all stuttery like it is as you mentioned. The launch looked good. A good tuner will be able to look at datalogs of you doing pulls and will be able to tell what happened and usually why it happened. Definitely get that taken care of first.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I wouldnt imagine it was overboost because when i had overboost issues it just stutter for a sec then kept going.

And +1 on the slower time, but thats because of the powerloss issue. Imagine if it was pulling all the way to redline.

I did a 13.6 in my obxt at a slow drag strip with stage 2+ a fmic. 2 stage 2 sti's were only getting 13.4 as their best.

STiKiller I agree you should be faster, even if the 5eat does hog some power. Get your tune sorted out and then rinse and repeat. I do not know what my car runs because it is a work in progress.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived