LegacyGT.com

installed HID kit, slight problem can't figure out.

I installed a HID kit into my legacy today. It all went smooth and worked real well. I went for a test ride tonight and noticed that on my garage wall the right side is nice, but my driver side its all level but right in the middle is like a black shadow. I took a picture of both lights on the wall. and then one with just the right and the left covered. Anyone know what is causing this black shadow? I didn't touch the bulbs at all and the housing is clean.

IMG_0746.thumb.jpg.855b3cf155c80059634c9246332e044d.jpg

IMG_0747.thumb.jpg.02befa2bb8fd895132e0aa81d6212a56.jpg

IMG_0748.thumb.jpg.869c8c11aab022614ba02e39f069eb87.jpg

IMG_0749.thumb.jpg.82830cb9ab1f12aab13da5112e35e6e6.jpg

This

Putting an HID bulb in a halogen projector does not cause this visual defect as previous mentioned by the OP. I know a lot of 05+ legacy owners that have HID's in the stock housing w/o this defect.

EDIT: I noticed this is a 2010, I wonder if they changed the projector.

Putting an HID bulb in a halogen projector does not cause this visual defect as previous mentioned by the OP. I know a lot of 05+ legacy owners that have HID's in the stock housing w/o this defect.

EDIT: I noticed this is a 2010, I wonder if they changed the projector.

dont spread wrong information

you can put HIDs in a halogen projector headlights

nothing will blow up

but see that glare in the pictures above the cut off

that's what blinds ppl

...but see that glare in the pictures above the cut off

that's what blinds ppl

This could be a defeat of a safety feature to keep your non self-leveling units from blinding oncoming drivers...HID's are good for you, although at times not for them and contrary to some opinions, their safety counts too!

:D

But the "R" HIDs are designed for HID reflectors, not halogen reflectors. HIDs in halogen PROJECTORS don't produce nearly as much glare as in a REFLECTOR housing. That is not to say it is legal or doesn't produce ANY glare. If they are aimed down (hot spot should be 4-5" below the center of the lamp at 25' out) and the "squirrel finders" are closed up about 75% the glare is negligible.

But the "R" HIDs are designed for HID reflectors, not halogen reflectors. HIDs in halogen PROJECTORS don't produce nearly as much glare as in a REFLECTOR housing. That is not to say it is legal or doesn't produce ANY glare. If they are aimed down (hot spot should be 4-5" below the center of the lamp at 25' out) and the "squirrel finders" are closed up about 75% the glare is negligible.

+1

Also, US DOT halogen reflector housings don't have ANY cutoff like halogen projectors do.

is it hard to to kill the squirel finders, and what's the cutoff look like once this has been completed? What's involved in closing up these squirel finders, I dont feel like doing a complete hid retrofit, even though it is amazing. What size projector's would fit in our 5th gen's anyways if I wanted to search hidplanet for some OEM stuff?

Archived