LegacyGT.com

WRX pull versus Legacy

SubieAA

The reason I bought my legacy was due to my experience driving a friend's WRX wagon 2003 stock. I only drove it once and it felt like it wanted to leap forward even driving it from a stand still looking for parking.

I bought the legacy for the interior, the higher horse power, and the lower insurance rates.

I am at Cobb stage 1 93 now. I realize that I have a different turbo; but what will it take to get the same drive from the legacy.

A stage 2 mod, or a different turbo altogether?

At low RPMs, as I remember, the WRX had much more of a launch feel.

That feel is probably due to the lighter weight of the WRX and less sound deadening material , etc. In reality, I bet your LGT is just as quick.

That feel is probably due to the lighter weight of the WRX and less sound deadening material , etc. In reality, I bet your LGT is just as quick.

No,

I think that the WRX just had more of a launch feel, and it may very well be due to the lighter weight.

Stage 2 sounds like a nice place 2 be.

Can't imagine 274whp. Did you get any lower-end torque?:)

when i dynoed...i was hitting full tq by 3000...all 314ft/lbs of it...

ive recently added the x02 fmic and been retuned by infamous1, and the car feels a world quicker...:eek:

doing my 60k soon, then ill jump on a dyno afterwards

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

i thnk 80% of that feeling was due to the Throttle by cable on the wrx, the legacy is drive by wire and is mad laggy to respond compared to the throttle by cable. heck, the new impreza w/ the DBW responds faster than my LGT at stage 2; but that might be due to higher compression ratio....

Pre-2006 WRXs are not nearly as quick as (MT) 2005+ LGTS until they get the 2.5l in 06

The one I test drove before I bought the LGT had nothing on the LGT which is why I bought it :lol:

2.0L WRX is dead down low and is slower in both ET and trap speed versus the LGT. Also have to beat on it more to get said slower times. Was very disappointed when I took one for a test drive.

Unless there is something wrong with your LGT or your friend's WRX wasn't stock, can't see how it felt like it was leaping forward at parking lot speeds versus the LGT, where the lack of displacement of the WRX would be very noticable.

As others mentioned, the noise/throttle/clutch is different between them, so that might be part of the issue as well.

One other thing I can not discount is that I was driver of a 9-3 Saab at the time.

So when I got into the WRX, I probably had to gun the throttle not knowing how the throttle/clutch balance worked out to move it around to park for my friend.

I do remember that I felt like I was driving one of the funnest cars I had driven at that point.

My friend may have modded his car which would surprise me, or I may have a leaky turbo. But it also is probably due to getting used to the LGT.

I will have to try his again when I track him down, and also get to one of the next meets.

Everything I am describing is from a starting stop to about 25-30 mph, looking for parking. At stage 1 93, the car is starting to feel like his, so maybe stage 2 will do the trick.

Subaru Australia has performance #'s for all the models. They're different from the US - final drive seems to be lower numerically - but it's a comparison point. WRX has 2.5 in AU, though.

WRX - 0-100kmh 5.8 s

Liberty 2.5GT SpecB - 6.5 s

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived