LegacyGT.com

CEL, Traction Control and Blinking Crusie

So, I just went ahead and did an oil change, air filter change, and high beam change on my Subaru Legacy 2009 for the first time. The later two were simple, and I did finish the oil (and oil filter) change. I looked at my car, nice and happy, and turned it on to run and ensure I had no leaks. My CEL, Traction Control lights turned on and stayed on and my cruise control started to blink. No idea what caused this, and before I go in and get the error codes read, I figured I would ask here and see if anyone might know of the cause. And no, I have not noticed any oil leakage yet.

I am new to this forum, so thank you all in advance for any help provided :-).

On my wife's 06, this was caused by a fuel cap that wasn't on tight enough, but I'm sure there are several other reasons those lights might be on. Might want to re-tighten the gas cap anyway just in case it is something as simple as that.

Take the air filter out and re-install it and make sure you have the box on correctly.

All the light's flash when you have a CEL pop up, that's normal. Oh CC won't work also.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived