LegacyGT.com

Moonroof trim not fully secured >>

A_Tang

I recently purchased my GT wagon and noticed that the vinyl/rubber trim piece that outlines the moonroof seems to be loose. Towards the rear of the moonroof it actually pushes itself off of the headliner. I tugged on it and realized that it isn't really secured with any clips or adhesive. I checked another wagon at the dealership and it had the same problem. Have any of you other wagon (or sedan owners with moonroofs) noticed this. Is it worth have the dealer look at, or have some of your simply put a few dabs of hot glue in to hold it in place? Fit and finish in the rest of the car seems to be great, and I find it odd that Sabaru could've overlooked this.

I have an appointment at 0830 this Friday with a dealership here in NJ. I'm having them check this problem out, as well as condensation in my headlamps and the fact that my other key doesn't want to start the car. I'll keep you all informed.

They are all like that. The moulding is called "pinchweld" and it is pretty common. It doesn't look like it is crimped tight enough at the factory.

Mine was like that. They said nothing was wrong with it... so I fixed it myself.

Push it back into place... then using a clean rag and a pair of pliers, pinch the molding to get it to "bite" into the headliner. You need to put the rag over the teeth of the pliers so that it doesn't mar or scratch the molding. You just want to squeeze it a little bit.

I had a thought to use some hot glue in select spots along the length of it. Since I have to go the dealer for other issues, I'll have them look at it, but if it comes down to ordering parts and me having to go back to them over and over, I'll probably try what you've recommended...thanks.

They are all like that. The moulding is called "pinchweld" and it is pretty common. It doesn't look like it is crimped tight enough at the factory.

Mine was like that. They said nothing was wrong with it... so I fixed it myself.

Push it back into place... then using a clean rag and a pair of pliers, pinch the molding to get it to "bite" into the headliner. You need to put the rag over the teeth of the pliers so that it doesn't mar or scratch the molding. You just want to squeeze it a little bit.

Archived