LegacyGT.com

How to get credit on RE92A's when buying new tires?

HansGT

Ok, read it somewhere that you can get credit for your used tires toward a new set. Now I'm talking about half worn tires....not premature wear or warranty related issues. My RE92A's have about 7/32 left and I'm just sick of them. I have read where others are getting a credit of up to $35 a tire toward new tires. Is the correct thing to ask..."do you offer credit on used tires?" Most places just charge you for "disposal" when they are most likely recycling them and making more $.

I just traded off my OEM RE-92's .....when I bought Nokian RSi snow tires.....the dealer gave me $50 each for them....Been on my wifes Impreza since last March

OK, before I get flamed...Those are Canadian dollars so it isn't like real money :):):)

I only got $20 per for mine, which were almost new at the time (2 years ago). The local Discount Tire guys said it might have been more, except that the 215/45-17 wasn't a size that had high demand for used tires, which made sense. Hey, I was happy to get the $80 for them. You gotta ask your tire shop, though - they certainly won't offer a credit if you don't ask!

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I think you may have seen my thread?

I went to a discount tire, and was chatting with the dude for awhile. This guy was real helpful, even test fit a couple of tires on my car so I was there for a bit talking with him. Then I was like, what do you do with the old ones, just pitch them? He said yes. So I was like, can I keep them because I probably could sell them (Had 17k on them), or do you offer any sort of credit for the tires since they are still in good condition. So the guy was like sure, he measured the tread depth and said I'll give you $40 a tire (3 tires, the 1 had a puncture..hence the whole getting new tires thing). Anyways, I go there later in the week, and the guy wasn't working, so the people working at the time were confused as to why he offered me credit for the tires, saying that they don't do that. I argued with the manager for like 15-20 minutes...because I had the employee's quote on a piece of paper. The manager eventually just said the best he could do is $35 a tire, so I took it. In the confusion, the guy ringing up the sale forgot to charge me for something small..I forget what, a small piece of labor, or valve stems, so it ended up being cheaper by a couple of bucks anyways. The moral of this large paragraph, is YMMV, but I did it at Discount Tire.

I just traded off my OEM RE-92's .....when I bought Nokian RSi snow tires.....the dealer gave me $50 each for them....Been on my wifes Impreza since last March

OK, before I get flamed...Those are Canadian dollars so it isn't like real money :):):)

Uhhh, last time i checked, the US dollar = CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. Almost 1:1 with Canadian dollar...go BUSH!!

Archived