LegacyGT.com

P0400 code and oil ?

K so car is getting old, but im in the process of revamping it again. Switched air intake back to the stock air box hybrid set up because the cone filter was messing with my maf. Thought I fixed the egr code, but it came back. Its been around for years. I've changed BPT, some other small filter, fuel filter, and cleaned egr. Can someone show me all hoses to clean too because I think I am going to tackle it this weekend. Also been burning a little oil so am going to start running a heavier weight. Want to run the shell rotella t, but what one? Do they have a 5w 40?

Thanks

Never heard of that EGR pipe being clogged. Such a large diamter. It is a 17mm nut, but it is brass and will round easily. If you have to deal with it (I'm reasonably sure your issues are elsewhere), remove the egr above it and you'll have a little more room, though the mounting studs will still be in the way.

A good vise grip, PB and a few choice words will get it.

Clean the BPT again and check the hoses(again) from all of the egr assemblies. That BPT has a very small diameter on the bottom and stuff hardens in there quickly.

Can't answer your oil question.

O.

How do you vacuum test? And Osei ive already replaced the BPT but will check again. Ive heard it can be the EGR solenoid so might try replacing that as well. Can that be picked up at napa or is that a dealer part? And ive heard multiple cases where that pipe gets clogged. I sea foamed my car, and it had a ton of carbon so no doubt in my mind it could be in that pipe. It runs directly up to the egr. I sea foamed my car again last week and I saw smoke coming from the egr/bpt area so I know stuff is clogged up there.

Archived