LegacyGT.com

Oil Filter

So I know this will turn into a big argument but I am just looking to see what oil filter(s) you use or wont use on your Legacy. I have seen a lot of people like Purolator filters and from what I have read they seem good.

I use to use Fram oil filters but when I noticed that there was specs of the grip coating inside the oil filter I returned it and use an OEM one I had laying around. I am due for an oil change soon so I need to find a good filter to use. If it matters I run Pennzoil platinum 5w-30 in the winter and 10w-30 in the summer.

No arguing allowed in my thread :lol:

I use the Purolator PureONE filter. Great filter, never had any problems with it.

I have used them in my Subi, my RB20 swapped 240sx, my SR20 swapped 240sx, my fully built KA 240sx, my DB7 Integra, my EF Honda SI, and so on.... never had any problems.

BTW those were not all owned at the same time, I was just saying different cars I have run them in with no issues. ha ha

fram tough guard. plain, simple, cheap, never had problems. I'm not a fan of the filters that throw in additives like the high mileage ones. My dad had issues with his running poorly and not filtering well with one of those; it's just a filter. no need to put anything back into the engine...just my $0.02

OEM all the way. I buy them by the case.

I have done so since I got my DSMs, and continued straight through all of my Nissans.

2014 Legacy 2.5i 6M - FB25 w/ a 6 speed

2002 Impreza 2.5TS - EJ251 w/ a 5 speed (The Stormtrooper)

Lesser quality doesn't mean insufficient/inadequate quality.

With that being said, it's tough to beat 5qts of M1 0W-40 and a M1 filter for $30. : )

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-PL14460-PureONE-Filter-Pack/dp/B000H7XJMC]Amazon.com: Purolator PL14460 PureONE Oil Filter (Pack of 2): Automotive[/ame]

Amazon says that Purolator PureONE filter PL14460 does not fit my car. Even though everywhere else say it works. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm 99.999% sure that's the filter code of the one I have on the Leggy now. I will crawl under the car 2morrow and see if I can find a code on it. Call advance auto and ask for the purolator filter code for your car. If they give you that code, it will fit, cause I'm running what their filter book said would fit my car.

Ill let you know what mine says 2morrow.

nice to see what you guys are running, Ill prob run OEM from subaru as I have a

case of oil filters for my STI

if they fit of course, I believe they do, but if any of you can confirm this that would be great

thanks in advance

I run the same filter on both my BD and my GR. It's nice to only need one oil and filter type for both cars; makes top ups and changes easier.

'15 FB25

I'll be sticking with my blues. Like most things, people like to complain when things are changed. The construction is different, and it has been inferred that the new blue filters aren't as stout as the Tokyo Rokis, but no where has it been proven that their filtration capacity is insufficient nor that they are breaking. The few who complain of dents, leaks and other such things usually can't substantiate their claims with pics.

Just my opinion

'15 FB25

Archived