LegacyGT.com

Official Ice Silver Metallic Thread

TTG

Thanks for the info - I got another email this morning from japanparts and they realized what the problem was - they have a typo on their website - it should read "silver with lens" and "silver without lens" - I am guessing that's for if you have the interior illumination kit. so "silver without lens" it is!

I wish I could find a pic of what the lens looks like - it's probably just a ring around the outside edge, but I'd rather know than guess...

If You look closely at the second foto of my post #42, You can see the lens.

It has the shape of a "U", reaching from the front center towards the middle part of the 2 sides, finishing where the 2 rubber lips come up.

Well - just pulled the trigger - ordered the "with lens" - I am hoping that is what is pictured above (they have another pic on the japanparts side for the LED ashtray which shows what I think is one without the lens, where it has a gap there instead of the lens... we shall see, i guess...

Could someone who purchased the "silver without lend" please post a pic of their cupholder open - I am trying to see if it looks like this one (with the lens):

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9192/p1010614t.jpg

or if it looks like this one, with a gap at the round edge (which is similar to the OEM one)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/dgecse/nolens.jpg

^^this.

It is really easy to add LED's to the cup holder at a fraction of the cost of the interior illumination option.

Although the interior illumination kit includes:

- cupholder/s

- lower center compartment (the one under the A/C panel)

- upper center compartment (the one under the radio)

- driver+passnger foot lamps

You're right, Subaru wants a whole lot of money for this.

Thanks for the info - I got another email this morning from japanparts and they realized what the problem was - they have a typo on their website - it should read "silver with lens" and "silver without lens" - I am guessing that's for if you have the interior illumination kit. so "silver without lens" it is!

This thread is NOT about JDM cup holder. I have already started one on that subject. Please post all of your cup holder related questions there and only post regarding Ice Silver Metallic on this thread.

Thank You.

This thread is NOT about JDM cup holder. I have already started one on that subject. Please post all of your cup holder related questions there and only post regarding Ice Silver Metallic on this thread.
But there's more info about the cupholder here than over there... actually, if people are talking about it (it is an open forum, after all) then it quite clearly IS about the cupholder - as far as I can tell, someone who drives an ice silver metallic legacy sedan posted a pic of something they did inside the sedan (I'm trying to remember who that was... oh wait - it was you!) and people are asking questions about it. Heck - my car's ice silver metallic, too, and I'm talking about making mods so it's mods in an ice silver metallic car - doesn't that count for something? can't that be in here?

So another topic which came up in here is the cover for the pocket by the radio - you didn't get all wound up about that for some reason - and it's not even clear if his car is ice silver metallic!

perhaps if you want this to be your own personal thread all about you, you should put that in the thread title, rather than calling the title "2012 ice silver metallic" - there are examples of that all over the board...

I realize that it's odd to have a discussion going on in a discussion board, but hey, sometimes it happens. You should be happy - your "look at me" thread is getting noticed! :lol:

as an aside, I find it even funnier that the person who thanked you for posting that they we shouldn't post our cupholder questions here also thanked the person who linked to this thread from the cupholder thread :)

^ touchy touchy...need to change out your manpon.

BTW, PM's were sent to TTG to discuss further and were not posted all over his thread. You asked a question so I answered it.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2012-ice-silver-metallic-171903.html?p=3730056#post3730056

DONE!

Edited by faded-a-fool

But there's more info about the cupholder here than over there... actually, if people are talking about it (it is an open forum, after all) then it quite clearly IS about the cupholder - as far as I can tell, someone who drives an ice silver metallic legacy sedan posted a pic of something they did inside the sedan (I'm trying to remember who that was... oh wait - it was you!) and people are asking questions about it. Heck - my car's ice silver metallic, too, and I'm talking about making mods so it's mods in an ice silver metallic car - doesn't that count for something? can't that be in here?

So another topic which came up in here is the cover for the pocket by the radio - you didn't get all wound up about that for some reason - and it's not even clear if his car is ice silver metallic!

perhaps if you want this to be your own personal thread all about you, you should put that in the thread title, rather than calling the title "2012 ice silver metallic" - there are examples of that all over the board...

I realize that it's odd to have a discussion going on in a discussion board, but hey, sometimes it happens. You should be happy - your "look at me" thread is getting noticed! :lol:

as an aside, I find it even funnier that the person who thanked you for posting that they we shouldn't post our cupholder questions here also thanked the person who linked to this thread from the cupholder thread :)

As a person who is asking questions over and over about a cup holder, it is my opinion that you would get better visibility if you post on a thread that is actually related to a cup holder.....

I have been happily answering many PMs about this mod as is.

Edited by TTG

As a person who is asking questions over and over about a cup holder, it is my opinion that you would get better visibility if you post on a thread that is actually related to a cup holder.....

I have been happily answering many PMs about this mod as is.

Well, I went over to the cupholder thread, and it had a link here :confused: - and there are far more useful pics in this thread, so I figured it's a way better place to ask questions.

PMs are great, but for a topic which is of more universal interest, I think it serves the board better to have information posted back where everyone can see it.

^ touchy touchy...need to change out your manpon.

touchy? I was under the impression I was teasing, rather than being touchy... :spin:

I don't usually do pm's on something which might be of interest to others - I try to have the discussion more universally available since, well, this is a discussion board and all...

Edited by DrD123

and I am in town for a change. I had some stuff for the Subie sitting in boxes.

After a mini detail, I've installed the weathertech floor mats which appear so much better than OEM's as far as coverage area.

Dealer also gave me a set of OEM mudflaps as part of my purchase deal back in October. I decided to install only the rear ones today since OEM front ones appear useless and i have clearbra installed on rocker panels anyway. . Install was easy. I rotated the tires and cleaned up the rims when I was at it.....

After all work was done, I took the M out of hibernation for a day and gave Subie a rest.....

Here are some pics.....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Subaru%202012/IMG_20120204_110942_zpsd35c5eae.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Subaru%202012/IMG_20120204_110923_zps4189f3bb.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Subaru%202012/IMG_20120204_110901_zps6a85c663.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Subaru%202012/IMG_20120204_110837_zps52ccc0a7.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Subaru%202012/IMG_20120204_110821_zps57f5279a.jpg

Edited by TTG

Great looking car and detail routine!

Silver was one of the colors I was looking for and I use a combo or Zaino and Adam's products for exterior!

I think I will steal your JDM/EDM cup holder idea...:icon_bigg

Thank You!

Adam's has some good products and I am a big fan of Zaino....

Totally go for the cup holders.... It cleans up the console area big time :)

TTG....how do you like those WeatherTechs? I was thinking of getting them but afraid of the possibility of heel hole. Do you think they're up to the task? What do you think of the fitment?

So I just installed them on the car and pretty much parked it rightwawy.... very limited observation so far.

The fitment is perfect but the thickness was better on the OEM ones. I would go for weathertech if you are concerned about protecting a larger area than OEM, but if you want bulletproof thickness OEM Subaru mats are perfect! I hope this helps.